Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What does it mean when a thread has "Moved" written before the title?

Mods, you can delete this after I have an answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)

It means the thread has been moved to a more appropriate spot on the forum. Eg, if someone posts a religion thread in the main bit, it might get moved by the mods to the religion bit.

ReputationRep:
    They have moved the thread off the main board and into one of the sub-forums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)

Means it's been moved - to another subforum. They leave the title where it was so people can find it I think, if they didn't realise it had been moved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)

It means the mods have moved the thread to a different subforum, possible the Books/Film/Music one, or About UKL, or the Acedemic one

ReputationRep:
    Yep. I myself have been doing a lot of moving lately - we have got to put up with subforums so we might as well use them. Pah! Subforums create so many new responsibilities for mods.

Could you all please please try and ensure that your thread goes into the appropriate subforum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Means it's been moved - to another subforum. They leave the title where it was so people can find it I think, if they didn't realise it had been moved.
    Ahhh...ok.
    Is this a new system so people aren't left confused to where the thread has gone?
    How come you can still post on the moved thread though?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.