The Student Room Group

approaching a guy

i like this guy and im not sure if he even knows i exist, he knows who i am but not really well

the thing is ive only always ever been drunk or stupid when i apporach guys leading to loads of one night stands, ive changed my image as ive grown up now, and i am alot happier now im not sleeping around,

but the thing is i dunt want it to happen again, and i dunt want to be having loads of one night stands again,

im no good at talking to guys properly is there any tips???
Reply 1
Go up to the guy you like and say hi can i have a lighter or can i borrow "insert object".
The you can have a chat, just be yourself say that you wanted t ask him as he looked nice, throw in a complement about his hair or something. The say bye see you around.
Next time you see him then you can just wave or walk over and say hi. I think guys like it when girls are friendly to them smile, flirt a bit with him and see how he responds.
If your out and he is their do the same then maybe ask if he wants to dance?
Just be confidant and yourself but not to close, as you don't want to scare him off.

Hope it works out pm me if you want any advise
How often do you see this guy?

Try talking to him a bit more and get to know him better. Try asking for the time when you see him,or if he's in one of your classes if he's read some book on the reading list, etc.
Reply 3
It can be nerve-wrecking chatting to guy you really like but you have to just bite the bulllet and do it. You don't say where you know him from. If it's school / uni then you can chat about people you know mutually / classes you have and stuff, just to get things going, and then move onto proper conversation. When you chat, don't be overly eager. Think of it as he's the one who is privileged to be chatting to you. It's always good to take the piss out of them a little bit too, just so they don't think they're too great and leave them wondering if you like them....
The most important thing to building a friendship then a relationship is getting to know them first, have a talk with him find out about each other and go from there, but most importantly do it when sober.
Reply 5
Yea, sober is definately the thing. + drunkness is generally unattractive.
Anonymous
i like this guy and im not sure if he even knows i exist, he knows who i am but not really well

the thing is ive only always ever been drunk or stupid when i apporach guys leading to loads of one night stands, ive changed my image as ive grown up now, and i am alot happier now im not sleeping around,

but the thing is i dunt want it to happen again, and i dunt want to be having loads of one night stands again,

im no good at talking to guys properly is there any tips???

My favourite approach to have been on the receiving end of was when I was in the campus library and a tall girl comes up to me and asks "was Christopher Columbus the first round the world?" I just smiled, looked up slowly and made her blush with "am I your first approach today, my dear?"

Whenever you're approaching, your target always knows what you're playing at - it's how entertaining/puzzling/indirect your cover act/routine is that sets the scene early on. Don't go on too strong and you'll be fine.

Alternatively, if you insist on coming on strong, you can do a Lauren Bacall - "[Can you whistle...] You do know how to whistle don't you? You. just. put. your. lips. together... and blow."

Latest

Trending

Trending