Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

Does anyone have any good sources of revision for economics as this is my only written subject and i dont really know how to revise for it. Also I look through some examiner reports and students receive full marks even though their answers are not on the mark scheme any idea why? Finally, what do you guys think is going to come up as data response for unit 1?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    - Tutor2u
    - Because they structure it in a sophisticated way that shows very good understanding and ability to evaluate
    - No. Make sure you revise everything, if you leave a stone unturned, then by chance your weakest areas will come up (Sods law) and you'll be retaking this exam this time next year - you dont want that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amar96)
    Hey Guys,

Does anyone have any good sources of revision for economics as this is my only written subject and i dont really know how to revise for it. Also I look through some examiner reports and students receive full marks even though their answers are not on the mark scheme any idea why? Finally, what do you guys think is going to come up as data response for unit 1?

Thanks
    Pretty much what Homeboy Hotel said.
    Answers are different because there is no one definite answer to an economic problem.
    The answers on the mark-scheme is just there to guide the examiners.

ReputationRep:
    Makes notes of all the key terms, and all the diagrams you need for the course along with and explanation of each diagram, also any parts of the syllabus which to do not understand fully.

Then when the exam grows closer you can read over these notes as opposed to having to read the whole text book. Also it is more likely that you'll remember things if you write them down a few times.

I would also recommend doing loads of past papers and getting your teacher to mark them, then redo any of them which are below your target grade. Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Tutor2u.com is the best website to revise for economics... and for unit 1 you,d better first revise all the topics and make sure that u,ve covered the whole syllabus and do all the past paper questions of that Unit... surely this would increase ur confidence level and so u can do better.. im also doing edexcel economics Unit 1 and 2 in this coming june. what about you guys???

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.