The Student Room Group

Physics - Warwick or Bath?

Heya, I've recieved offers from both Warwick - A*AA and Bath - AAA; but i'm finding it really hard to call it between them! Both seem to have similar campuses, similar departments, similar reputations, graduate employment, social lives, similar towns etc etc - any information about either department or university that could help me separate them would be very much appreciated!
Reply 1
Original post by the0neJames
Heya, I've recieved offers from both Warwick - A*AA and Bath - AAA; but i'm finding it really hard to call it between them! Both seem to have similar campuses, similar departments, similar reputations, graduate employment, social lives, similar towns etc etc - any information about either department or university that could help me separate them would be very much appreciated!

Could you not put warwick as your firm choice and bath as your insurance?
Original post by the0neJames

Hi the OneJames

Have you visited both universities? If you haven't, I would strongly recommend doing so. Although the universities may look very similar on paper, you may get a very different feeling for the places when you visit.

I don't know very much about Warwick I'm afraid, so it wouldn't be fair to compare. I do work at the University of Bath and live in Bath itself so I may be able to answer any questions you have. Personally I love living in Bath - there's always lots going on and the city centre is great. I know a couple of the lecturers in the Department of Physics, including the Director of Studies, and they are both very approachable and passionate about their subject and their students. I have worked with lots of students here at Bath and I know that they all seem to be very happy to be here and have gone on to great careers as well.

If there is any information that I can provide that would be helpful to you, do let me know.

Good luck with your decision! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending