Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Maybe these questions sound weird or have been answered before, but I don't know the answers and the last thing I want is to do something wrong.
    Applying seems a lot less complicated than I've heard, that's why I feel it's better to ask here, directly.
    All questions apply to EU citizens, not in the UK yet:
    1. Is the EU13N form the only document I have to fill in?
    2. What is the Customer Reference Number? Is it the one given by directgov? I don't think I have one, but if I somehow do, I wouldn't want to "provide incomplete information".
    3. I've been informed by UCAS and someone from SFE that the deadline for submitting the application is May 29th. The EU form says, however, that it should be sent within 9 months of the course start. In either case I would like to know if I will receive financial support before I start the course, so can I send the form now (if I'm starting in September), or is it too early?
    4. Do I need to have the certified copies translated? The documents have tiny English translations on them, so it would only be the stamp and information given by the authority that would be in my native language.
    5. I have lived in the same building for over 13 years, but I don't know the exact date (and the form wants it). Is it really important?
    6. Do I send all 24 pages of the form or just these that actually have some given information on them?
    7. I'm having trouble completing some boxes/feilds in the electronic form. Can I put most information in on computer and the rest in writing?

If any/all of these questions seem, let's face it- dumb, then, In my defence, I would like to say it's really scary when you are constantly reminded that incomplete information may cause you to lose your right to receive any financial support (though I do appreciate the reminder).

I will be most grateful if anyone takes a while to respond to this little "novel". Thank you very much in advance
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi confused,

Firstly please make sure you're completing the correct form, it's this one: http://bit.ly/16JUVyd

1. Yes

2 It's a unique customer number that will be given to you once you have submitted your application. You don't need this to apply as a new student.

3. The deadline for new students to receive their finance in time for their course starting is 31 May. Applicants can still apply until 9 months after the course starts but the uni won't let students start their courses generally unless funding is in place. EU students are only eligible to receive Tuition Fee Loan, no maintenance support.

4. If there is english on them already you won't need to translate.

5. No you can give an approximate date.

6. From section 1 until the end.

7. Yes you can.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for being so helpful (again)!
    I really appreciate that you took the time to reply to this looong list.
    Everything is clear now
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Great and very glad to hear it!

If you have any questions in the future you know where to come.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.