Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is the worst work place you have worked and why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The first time I did door to door sales. I did it for one day and was like **** this. It was a cold January evening and whilst everyone else was sitting inside in the warm eating dinner I was walking around and knocking on doors. Lunacy.

ReputationRep:
    I've only had one job (carer in a nursing home).

I couldn't fault the place I worked in - I enjoyed the job (on the whole), worked with lovely people and the residents were brilliant - but there were downsides too. Having to get up at 5.30am after finishing at 10pm the previous day, not having fixed shifts, having to work two out of three weekends, being on minimum wage, the fact a lot of the residents were on the LCP..

ReputationRep:
    In a pizza restaurant. I got shouted at in foreign languages and therefore taught myself to make dough using the scary machine :sexface: also the guys used to lock me in the industrial fridge for like 20 minutes at a time :emo:
    Hated that job

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I worked in a pub for six months when I was fifteen, got paid £2.50 an hour, cash in hand. They treated me like ****, then fired me with no warning or explanation. Not that I cared that much.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    My mum's opticians. Not because it was bad, but because I've just been lucky to have had better jobs since then.

ReputationRep:
    It would have to be McDonalds. Why? Well, the managers were often power-mad and treat staff terribly. The staff were stressed out all the time. The men were sometimes fun to be around but the women were always difficult to talk to. Even though men held the top positions, women were the floor managers and they were often brutal with the rest of the staff. The kids party staff were the best to get to know. I despised the big manager; we all called him "Little Hitler".

ReputationRep:
    Working for the Parks Department of my local council was petty tedious. 70% of my time was spent wandering around the public parks emptying bins and litter picking, and resisting the urge to roundhouse kick the little chavs who would deliberately throw all their litter on the floor in full view of me. And to top it off, the manager was a completely incompetent moron. Thankfully I was only there as a temp and I only had to endure it for a month.

ReputationRep:
    The worst place i had worked was at a school for work experience. I had applied there because i was under the impression that i would work with the older children but they put me with the younger children and in the nursery. The staff didn't respect me, they forced me out of the school at lunch times as the staff room was "private" so i was forced into the rain every day until the placement finished. I basically had to clean up after the children and the children kept throwing toys such as lego and building bricks in my face and the teacher just said "can you calm it down please". Also i was working with the nursery children and when i needed the toilets the staff would only let me use the nursery children's toilets which was extremely embarrassing especially as it was my "time of the month" yet they did not care. Will never work there again.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.