Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So im in year 12 sitting my summer exams within a few weeks, and Im finding it really hard to work? I get constant headaches, I am very stressed. I have tried almost everything, i have taken a few days off, to try and cope with the stress.... ANY suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Motivation <> Desirability

If you want to find some motivation you need to find something you desire. The rest is a piece of cake.

ReputationRep:
    But how do you stimulate your brain to desire?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3.1415927)
    But how do you stimulate your brain to desire?
    Think of rich fame power, success, then I think I don't want to end up as a chav.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueray2)
    Think of rich fame power, success, then I think I don't want to end up as a chav.
    This and plus I also don't like giving up and always tell myself I can do this

ReputationRep:
    Working with someone else woth you always helps, e.g. When you workout its much better when you go with a friend etc,

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You tried revising with friends? (Can either work really well or you just get distracted, but then at least you're hanging out with your mates )

I find that the hardest part is getting started, and getting into the 'zone'. You gotta find somewhere where you're not distracted. Sit in the garden maybe? (If the weathers good)

ReputationRep:
    I usually work best under pressure. If I think of an exam that I have coming up and then if I start thinking about finding it difficult and struggling, then I feel a bit pressured and that pushes me to work.
    Also, try and hide your phone/laptop/tv remote so that you are not temped to use them, else you will just keep procrastinating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guitarded)
    You tried revising with friends? (Can either work really well or you just get distracted, but then at least you're hanging out with your mates )

I find that the hardest part is getting started, and getting into the 'zone'. You gotta find somewhere where you're not distracted. Sit in the garden maybe? (If the weathers good)
    When friends are over, i just get distracted :/ I tried that

ReputationRep:
    If i don't perform well in academics, I won't get a good job. If I don't get a good job I won't be able to marry the girl I want to. Don't exactly would want to stick another person with me in poverty, i'll be okay living alone in it though.

So that motivates to a great extent to work.

ReputationRep:
    For my A2 exams last year I stuck pictures of the Uni I wanted to go to (Nottingham), an Audi TT and a mansion on the wall above my desk.

Whenever I became de-motivated, I looked at those pictures and thought about where I wanted to be/what I wanted to do in the future. Seemed to do the trick

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.