Advice and tips for students.

Watch
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Remember though, it's best to buy books when you're there! Unless you can get them really really cheap, in which case it's probably worth buying them even if they're not on your sepcific reading list.
_poptart_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What ive done with my reading list is purchase them for half the price on Ebay - if you go on the faculty website it should say which edition you need to buy.
None of the books im buying are brand new, i just thought its a good idea to have a reading list especially if you have to read them before you get there!! i.e. English Literature courses.
indiekitten
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Blimey. really useful thread. I just read all 13 pages, i think it took me about an hour! really useful though.

keep em coming!
<A-S-H-I-Q-U-E>
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i shud admire ur patience in readin such a huge thread...hehe! though in my settings i can see this thread in 7 pages.
indiekitten
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ha, should of thought about that!
hannah101
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
wow this thread is handy! does anyone know where u get those security marker pen things from to mark your precious items? Also, how long does it take to piece your timetable together? ooo and one last question, is it wise to get a part time job?
Thanks for any info!
Hannah )
piiiink
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm a bit of a useless cook, and I'd find it super helpful if people could maybe share some easy/cheap/nice recipies or whatever, because otherwise I might starve and/or get food poisoning...!
switch007
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Check out these books for quick/student recipes: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...425735-2510206
Pepaim
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The cooking book nosh for students is fantastic, there are many easy and some harder recipes and it has pics which helps you know what it sohuld look like!
sparklyglitter
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I haven't seen this yet but last night I spent like,3 hours on www.studentfreestuff.com ordering free samples of all sorts.As long as you tick the don't contact me box you shouldn't get any junk mail!
Hanzing
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
O.o free skincare samples.. well Hello!
Desirata
Report 14 years ago
Any specfic advice and tips for those of us commuting?
girlpants
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sparklyglitter)
I haven't seen this yet but last night I spent like,3 hours on www.studentfreestuff.com ordering free samples of all sorts.As long as you tick the don't contact me box you shouldn't get any junk mail!
Is it really free? or is there some hidden catch.. im quite skeptical
sparklyglitter
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yep you can get free things on there.I got some free moisturiser today!No catch!
kwannie
Report 14 years ago
lol wow great thread! do we need a vacuum cleaner?
Marcos!
Report 14 years ago
Good question, i'm going to go without and i'm sure they'll provide us with something. If not then i'll learn what times the cleaner is around and try to get 5 mins use of theirs
Juno
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It should say in your contract whether your room is cleaned. If so, you won't need one!

If not, there should be one to borrow anyway.
Hanzing
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My Brother's useful advice was 'Suck up to the cleaners, and you can borrow all the cleaning products'.
Im sure he proberly flirted with them to be honest :rolleyes:
CrazyChemist
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Can anyone tell me what insurance I need for uni? I'm sure I should know this...
Juno
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by CrazyChemist)
Can anyone tell me what insurance I need for uni? I'm sure I should know this...
You need student contents insurance.

Most students go with Endsleih, but they're most expensive. I went with Saxon Direct and saved £40 and got more cover.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (33)
8.05%
Confident (55)
13.41%
Indifferent (58)
14.15%
Unsure (104)
25.37%
Worried (160)
39.02%

Watched Threads