Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ah Yes Ensleigh is what came in the UCAS stuff sent to applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indiekitten)
    Blimey. really useful thread. I just read all 13 pages, i think it took me about an hour! really useful though.
    Yeah, its crasy!
    - Ive set it up to display 40post per page, but its still 7pages!!! :eek:

Daniel

ReputationRep:
    So Saxon Direct is the one to go for?

ReputationRep:
    They dont appear to have a website....
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by worried_mess)
    They dont appear to have a website....
    Will this do?!

ReputationRep:
    thankyou

ReputationRep:
    After reading all this through...I can't wait to go!

I was having all sorts of doubts about how, in two years time, I'd be able to handle myself at university. Thanks guys!

By the way, for cheap laptops has anyone checked out http://www.student-laptops.co.uk? A lot of the lecturers at my college has one; they pop around to Fresher Fayres and whatnot, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    I'm bumping this up as there seem to have been a lot of threads recently on stuff that this one covers/

ReputationRep:
    I have a piece of advice for your lectures. When making notes put the date, module title and page number on each piece of paper. When you get back from your lecture put them into a folder straight away. I didn't do that last semester and my notes were in such as mess everywhere and I didnt know what order they were in. It doesn't take long to do what I said.

ReputationRep:
    Seconded on that. I always put module title and either date or week number at the start of each set of notes. Helps me because I don't have separate notebooks for modules (I got through last semester on one notebook as my course is half practical)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ames123)
    I have a piece of advice for your lectures. When making notes put the date, module title and page number on each piece of paper. When you get back from your lecture put them into a folder straight away.
    Yeah, im deffonatly with you on this.

Im a little bit lasy with the puting it in folders thing, but becuase i relgiously write on every sheet, i can then have a sessoin and get it all sorted.

I write:
    week#, day, period (on the left) the date (on the right) and the modual tittle in big (on the center) and then page number on bottom of the first sheet.

Then i can get any stack of notes, sort them by modual, then date/week, and into the right section of the right folder.

This may sounds petty, but in the first term i got though 6 (yes six) 80page refill pads, doublesides each sheet.
    - Which with handouts is 5 ringbinders full, with about 4sections per ringbinder. (i dont like lever arc files, its too hard to page though the notes)
    - Also i used up a whole to parker re-fills as well (you need a decent parker...)

But its good fun!!!

Daniel

ReputationRep:
    5 ringbinders? I really do love drama! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    5 ringbinders? I really do love drama! :eek:
    Yeah, i just bought another 4 for the start of 2nd sermester!
    - And than ontop of that ive got 3 of those cardboard folders full of tuturial notes, which i dont look back to, but do want to bin.

Daniel

ReputationRep:
    Thought I would revive an old thread of mine, as it would seem highly relevant at this time.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is amazing, I know how a page long list of things i need to buy tommorow =p

ReputationRep:
    Wow, It took me most of this morning to read and take in everything in this thread but it is really helpful!!! I feel less apprehensive about moving in now

ReputationRep:
    Well worth the read - lots of useful info I put into practice today

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I hadn't realised my thread has had over 40,000 views.

Anyway just to add. Bring some food/get your parents to do some shopping for you, as I know a lot of first years will be living in Halls, I know that most of them only serve breakfast and an evening meal during weekdays.

Just to add:

If you live on the groundfloor, insurance is highly recommended, I remember hearing about a girl in Tapton (my halls in my 1st year) who had her laptop stolen, I think it was a smash and grab. Endsleigh is supposed to be really good.

ReputationRep:
    If i have an A5 or A4 notebook for each module and a slot folder type thing per mod for the handouts then a large pad of lined paper for assignments will this be enough? And then i wouldnt need any ringbinders would i? I hate those things...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucidia)
    If i have an A5 or A4 notebook for each module and a slot folder type thing per mod for the handouts then a large pad of lined paper for assignments will this be enough? And then i wouldnt need any ringbinders would i? I hate those things...
    What about the Pukka Pads? I find them excellent alternatives, though they can be a bit expensive.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.