Turn on thread page Beta

Advice and tips for students. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawboy1985)
    What about the Pukka Pads? I find them excellent alternatives, though they can be a bit expensive.
    yeah i had one for college. They are quite expensive, n i need to budget! lol The version thats split into sections doesnt look big enough-paper wise, not much paper per section

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Some similar threads in the sub-forums

Moving in

What should we expect from our first week?

Useful things to take to uni
    First one took me to - who likes linkin park?
    Second one took me to - P6 in two hours!
    Third one took me to - exceptional grades in foundation/intermediate

:rolleyes:

I don't know if anyone has said that already...because there is a LOT of pages, and i didn't want to go through them all...but i thought i'd say incase no one had

ReputationRep:
    Here you go:

Moving in

What should we expect from our first week?

Useful things to take to uni

hth,

fais

ReputationRep:
    Thank you the links were just a little out!

ReputationRep:
    Big tip for people:

On the first day, get a door wedge and a packet of biscuits. Prop open your door and you shall recieve visitors, i.e. your neighbours. Give them a biscuit each. It breaks the ice and means that you know people straight away.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucidia)
    yeah i had one for college. They are quite expensive, n i need to budget! lol The version thats split into sections doesnt look big enough-paper wise, not much paper per section
    I'm a law student (really?!?) and used 2 of them for each module, one for lecture notes and the other for seminar work. But yeah, expensive, but you won't have to use them pesky ringbinders, they are 200 pages.

ReputationRep:
    I used one notebook per semester But I'm a drama student, so not so much theory!

Links to threads went haywire in the upgrade and this is an old thread.

Re insurance - check you're not covered by your parents.

ReputationRep:
    I've got nice colour-co-ordinated ring binders for each paper I've done.

Problem is I've now run out of colours, having had yellow, blue, red, green and orange. So I'm on more obscure colours like purple and turquoise for next year. I've challenged myself not to have to repeat a colour.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.