Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I missed the lesson where we covered this, and I've only just realised it! It looks pretty complicated, so I'm slightly concerned at the moment?

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If it makes any difference, I'm taking AQA mathematics, and this is for the D2 exam in June.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    I didn't take D2 or AQA, but I do know a bit of computer science - take this with a pinch of salt!
    A "pure strategy" is pretty much one in which there is no randomness involved, while a "mixed strategy" has randomness - that is, you have a list of pure strategies, and you select each one with a given probability whenever you are required to make a decision.
    For example, imagine a game with a payoff matrix:
    1 0
    0 1
    for both sides. A pure strategy might be to always go for the first option, while a mixed strategy might be to flip a coin and pick the first iff you get heads.
    I don't know what it is you need to know, but from my understanding it's actually not too hard once you understand the terms. Could you give a list of "learning objectives" or something, if they do that at your school? (Or some headings etc from the relevant part of the textbook.)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.