Am i cheating? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I have been goin out with my bf for nearly 6 months. Lately i have started to look at other guys and i thought i loved him. On the weekend i gave my number to this guy at work who i have liked for a few months. Hes always been nice...uhmm last night i went out with him and we ended up kissin...uhmm what should i do?
Note
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Do you want to stay with your bf or not?
xavier2k3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In answer to your question, of course it's cheating...why wouldn't it be? In response to your second question, as it seems you've liked this guy for a few months, break it off with your boyfriend because it seems that you like the other guy more.

regards
--marty
stainedglass
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You need to seriously think about whether you want to stay with your bf.

Maybe he's not the right person if you've felt the need to wander.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, that is cheating. You have noly been with your bf 6 months, yet you have liked this other guy for a few months? You should decide who you want to be with and then act accordingly. You can't date both at the same time! (Unless you're in the States, coz they seem to do that over there!)
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes you are cheating, you say you love your boyfriend yet you gave your number to another guy and kissed him, things cannot be right with your boyfriend, either stick him or dump him before you committ to anyone else.
Top_Cat
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As Marty says, you're quite clearly cheating. I think you should break up with your boyfriend, you're evidently not meant to be together, otherwise you wouldn't be giving your phone number to and kissing other blokes.

Why hurt him by dragging it out?
Anonymous #1
I thought i LOVED my bf and i feel sooo bad...i can't break it off til AFTER exams....its just when i kissed this other guy i had butterflies and everythin it was weird...
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well you don't seem ready for any relationship yet, not many girls are at your age, feelings change so quick.
xavier2k3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
^ Hence why you should take time and make sure your feelings are strong enough before going into a relationship!

If you loved him, you wouldn't have cheated. It's as simple as that IMO. Think of it from his POV, would you really want to stay with him if it was the other way around?

regards
--marty
Top_Cat
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I thought i LOVED my bf and i feel sooo bad...i can't break it off til AFTER exams....its just when i kissed this other guy i had butterflies and everythin it was weird...
What's done is done, you should just make sure you do the right thing for your boyfriend now. Is he sitting exams about now? If he is, then leave him to focus on his exams, it's unfair to load this onto him now, if he's not, then you should end it asap.
Anonymous #1
i know i know...i am gonna wait after exams...
wild_horses
Report 12 years ago
I have been goin out with my bf for nearly 6 months. Lately i have started to look at other guys and i thought i loved him. On the weekend i gave my number to this guy at work who i have liked for a few months. Hes always been nice...uhmm last night i went out with him and we ended up kissin...uhmm what should i do?
What would you advise your boyfriend to do if you found out he fancied a girl from his work and had gone out with him and ended up kissing?
anjurdsg
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
just plainly shows that you dont respect your bf anymore
Ron Stoppable
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The fact that you have to ask reveals the answer.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think it might be as well to wait til after exams, though. You don't to mess those up for him - you'd feel terrible!
Nyx
Report 12 years ago
Sounds like you were hoping we would validate your actions for you. Of course what you did was cheating - what else *could* it be?
Leigh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Is it just me that disagrees with everyone saying "Maybe you and your boyfriend aren't meant to be"? I'd just put it down to her being unfaithful; you can't pin this issue on him being at fault as well.
Nyx
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by King Leigh)
Is it just me that disagrees with everyone saying "Maybe you and your boyfriend aren't meant to be"? I'd just put it down to her being unfaithful; you can't pin this issue on him being at fault as well.
I don't think we're in any position to judge either way, to be honest. We know nothing of her guy involved, and nothing of their relationship except what little snippet she's given us.
Leigh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nyx)
I don't think we're in any position to judge either way, to be honest. We know nothing of her guy involved, and nothing of their relationship except what little snippet she's given us.
Exactly. But with the information we have, I think we should give the boyfriend the benefit of the doubt and put the issue down to her agreeing to exchange numbers and meet up with other guys.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (476)
38.17%
No - but I will (95)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (87)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (589)
47.23%

Watched Threads