The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Nyx
I don't think we're in any position to judge either way, to be honest. We know nothing of her guy involved, and nothing of their relationship except what little snippet she's given us.

I appreciate what you're saying but surely this problem affects nearly every thread on this forum. That doesn't make what you're saying wrong, but it does mean that we do the best with the information we are given in providing advice.

If the OP wants sounder reasoning, based on knowledge of all related facts and personalities involved, then they would be best served asking friends/family members for advice. However, sometimes this is not what they want to do, given the sensitive nature of the scenario, for example, so they choose to ask people on here and we merely do our best in the circumstances.
Reply 21
Top_Cat
I appreciate what you're saying but surely this problem affects nearly every thread on this forum. That doesn't make what you're saying wrong, but it does mean that we do the best with the information we are given in providing advice.

If the OP wants sounder reasoning, based on knowledge of all related facts and personalities involved, then they would be best served asking friends/family members for advice. However, sometimes this is not what they want to do, given the sensitive nature of the scenario, for example, so they choose to ask people on here and we merely do our best in the circumstances.

Absolutely -- it was more the fact that the poster was asking for advice on something so complex and important as a relationship but hasn't given us anything but a few details to work with that I was getting at. None of us are really equipped to be making informed judgements on what might be a rather major decision in someone's life, but we *could* be if we were given a fuller picture.

Although, having said that, these kinds of issues do tend to follow a pretty straightforward pattern. Girl dates boy --> problems arise in relationlship --> girl cheats on boy --> relationship collapses. The end. :P

Latest

Trending

Trending