Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If your best friends getting married and was being an absolute b****h, telling you what you can or can't wear. Wanting you and five other girls you don't really know to wear the same, when you all have different styles. Expecting you to spend a pretty high sum and being really unappreciative of everything else you've done for her such as enquiring about cakes, venues, marquees, decorations etc
    Would you tell her to get lost and pretty much do one
    Or bite your tongue, keep saying to yourself that as a bride she's stressed as she'll be leaving soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    could she think you are all being unco-operative, difficult, not fitting in with her idea of how she wants everything to look?

She's been brought up it's her big day, and she's probably had ideas about it for years. I would suggest sitting down with her and saying you are pleased to share her big day, but explain how much you can afford to spend, maybe look and see if you can find some dresses in the style she likes in your price range?

I wouldn't expect to be thanked for showing an interest in the day, if you are being a bridesmaid part of the job is to support her, and encourage her.

If you don't think you can support her tell her kindly, that you are honored to have been invited to share her big day, unfortunately due to time/work/money you can't be as supportive as you should be in such an important role, and you still would love to come to the wedding? (i'm assuming you've been invited to be a bridesmaid..)

Bare in mind she's probably got her parents, and his parents demanding they invite people they haven't met/don't know well, people expecting an invite, commenting on everything and asking 'why you doing it that way, it's be better this way' 'i don't like that', the cost of everything, people not getting back to her with regards to cakes, pictures etc, so she is going to be stressed.

ReputationRep:
    It's her special day allow her, she wants it to be perfect, when it's your turn be a little extra bit**

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SannaS)
    It's her special day allow her, she wants it to be perfect, when it's your turn be a little extra bit**
    Haha sweet revenge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bathwiggle)
    could she think you are all being unco-operative, difficult, not fitting in with her idea of how she wants everything to look?

She's been brought up it's her big day, and she's probably had ideas about it for years. I would suggest sitting down with her and saying you are pleased to share her big day, but explain how much you can afford to spend, maybe look and see if you can find some dresses in the style she likes in your price range?

I wouldn't expect to be thanked for showing an interest in the day, if you are being a bridesmaid part of the job is to support her, and encourage her.

If you don't think you can support her tell her kindly, that you are honored to have been invited to share her big day, unfortunately due to time/work/money you can't be as supportive as you should be in such an important role, and you still would love to come to the wedding? (i'm assuming you've been invited to be a bridesmaid..)

Bare in mind she's probably got her parents, and his parents demanding they invite people they haven't met/don't know well, people expecting an invite, commenting on everything and asking 'why you doing it that way, it's be better this way' 'i don't like that', the cost of everything, people not getting back to her with regards to cakes, pictures etc, so she is going to be stressed.
    We did sit down with her and explain our circumstance but she wouldn't take no for an answer and thats why she's creating trouble.
    I did want to walk away a one point, as it was draining me, mentally emotionally and physically having to run from one place to another. But, like you said, I've put up with it as I feel its my role as a bridesmaid to do it anyways
    Its just I feel like I can only use the 'she's stressed' excuse to an extent where now I feel like Im being used.
    But I shan't stoop to her level
    At the end of it all I'll be able to say I did all I could to keep her happy and stress free

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.