Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (sorry if this has been asked a thousand times over- I did look and couldn't find anything)
    So I'm thinking of appealing against the amount of loan I've been offered, as I know technically it's right, but due to circumstances it's not suitable. Basically, my parents moved house and sold some shares in order to do so. That put them above the income threshold, meaning SFE have told me I only get the minimum loan for next year (my third year), which doesn't even cover half my rent, let alone living expenses. Both my parents are unemployed, with no source of income, and it's not exactly like we have access to the money from the shares, as it went straight into the house.
    So, my questions are, first of all do you think I have a valid case, and secondly, can I still sign and return my declaration (I don't want any payments to be delayed and whatnot), or will that make any appeal procedures more difficult/ invalid?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    so in 2011-12 they were loaded and now they are skint? You don't need to appeal you need to ask for a current year assessment if their income is lower than by more than 15%.

ReputationRep:
    They weren't loaded- my dad's been on minimal income for a couple of years now, which is why I've been on the higher level of loan.
    I just need to know really if I should return my declaration now or wait until after appealing,

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.