The Student Room Group

The Tudors!

Anyone else in love with this fantastic series? I love the excellent cast (helped by easy on the eye Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Henry Cavill), the plot which is part history, part fiction, and the time period it's set in. The music is also fantastic.

Anyone else a Tudors fan?
Absolutely! Although I wasn't crazy about series 4 where Jonathan Meyers talked with cotton balls in his mouth. But the first 2 series where they're all young:wink: I thought he was excellent and you can see why he wants Anne etc. plus I'm completely in love with Natalie Dormer :colone:
Reply 2
I'll come clean straight away, I only watched the Tudors for the amazing sex scenes :sexface:
Reply 3
Henry Cavill is a GOD. Amazing period drama, I still need to finish the final series!
Reply 4
Absolutely loved season 2! Natalie Dormer was the best Anne Boleyn I've ever seen. She was always true to her character. I cried with her death, even though I always knew how it would end.

Too bad it ended. I wish they had showed what happened before (Henry VII and the War of the Roses) and after (Catherine Parr, Edward, Mary and Elizabeth)

If anyone is interested in this chapter in history, I suggest to do further reading, for they only showed very little and twisted a couple of things to give it a soap opera touch. But, *two thumbs up* Great Series!
Reviving an old thread, but I love this drama. Wish something else similar would come along.

Quick Reply

Latest