Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been on a diet for a week and have been tracking progress on MyFitnessPal. So far I've done alright and consumed 5000 calories below what I need to stay same weight, so I should have lost 1-2 pounds this week.

Yesterday I was out and end up eating some junk food for first time during my diet, but I still only had 2320 calories (400 below what I need to stay same weight).

I ate:

1 Packet of Polos
    2 Mars Bars
    1 Cadbury Caramel Bar

Obviously this is really bad and I know I can't afford to do it to lose weight.

My target sugar intake is 39 units a day (to lose 2lb/week) and yesterday I had 177 units! I knew I'd be way over the 39, but nearly 5 times over the limit!

So far I've been able to quite comfortably hit the calories, carbs, fat, protein and sodium targets, but I think I may have some trouble with sugar.

On my good days my sugar intake is fine, but one chocolate bar seems to correspond to nearly all my recommended daily sugar intake.

So, how will having way too much sugar yesterday impact on my expected weight loss given that I've consumed 5000 less calories than what I need to stay the same weight?

And have others had problems with managing sugar intake when on a diet and how did you solve them?

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't worry about sugar levels imo, make sure to aim to eat a few fruits + veggies and hit a daily fibre intake.

ReputationRep:
    I use MyFitnessPal as well and my sugar intake tends to be about 100-200g every day, but that hasn't stopped me losing 16lb since I started using MFP at the end of January. I'm going to try to reduce my sugar intake to help me to keep losing weight, since I've heard that excess sugar intake could lead to someone gaining too much fat, but it's probably not a massive deal at least to begin with, as I've still had great results using MFP.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.