Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

Hello everyone!

I am preparing to apply for my Masters In Law and hope to attend January or September 2014. At this time I am in Europe studying a masters degree in Science focus in Luxury Retail. I have a fair amount of work experience and an abundance of life/volunteer experience and I am writing my thesis on law.

That being said, I have a Business Administration degree for my undergrad and didn't perform well enough to get into Oxford or LSE but was hoping to get some feedback on other law school options.

Is it a requirement to write the LSAT before attending a UK school and would it help if I wrote it? Does anyone know what kind of entry exams are required for a Masters in Law?

Has anyone had a similar experience they can share? Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you.

ReputationRep:
    not sure if you need the LSAt but i don't think so. i've applied to several unis for my LLM and none of them wanted it. i do think though that if you don't have a LLB you'll need some work experience in law or something alike to justify your application. that is different at each uni, though.

I'd recommend to think about where you want to take your LLM and then contact the uni directly or just search their homepage

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.