Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I'm looking to buy a civic and found a really good deal. The only thing however that puts me off a little bit is the colour. Ideally a black/red would be nice but the colour being sold is "Champagne Silver" which i'm not exactly crazy about.

What do you guys think?

Name:  honda-civic-2008-champagne-silver-metallic-hatchback-1-8-i-vtec-ex-i-shift-f63bc582327d1615e3ddb.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  42.8 KB
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    not a nice colour

ReputationRep:
    Also known as Jewish Racing Gold

(seriously, Google it)

Not what I would pick given the choice, but then if it was a good car at a good price then it wouldn't really put me off. It will probably polish up quite well! Might be harder to get rid of when it comes to selling up time though.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't look too nice in this colour, like you said black or red both look quite nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by streamline)
    "Champagne Silver"
    The motor trade's way of gently telling you that the car is in fact Gold

ReputationRep:
    If you want red and black, get a Type-R

The colour doesn't look bad at all. I would personally paint the wheels in black to make it stand out.

ReputationRep:
    You're going to be spending more time inside it than outside looking at it...probably. Who knows how long it will be before the perfect car turns up.

In all honestly the colour isn't that bad. At least it isn't bright pink!

ReputationRep:
    You're buying a seccond hand car. You don't really get to pick the colour.
    So long as it's in good order bodily and mechanically, the service history checks out and it's either HPI clear or very cheap deal up.

ReputationRep:
    Can't you get a paint job?

It's a gorgeous car though, OP! I don't mind the colour, but I only really like black cars

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopefulMidwife)
    Can't you get a paint job?

It's a gorgeous car though, OP! I don't mind the colour, but I only really like black cars
    Quite expensive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Quite expensive
    How much?

ReputationRep:
    £1500+

If there's nothing wrong with the original paint it's really not worth doing, particularly if you're going to end up spending a large chunk of what the car is worth. If it's not done properly it may well devalue the car.

ReputationRep:
    How much?
    It depends on the type of paint, colour, amount of paint and the car........... its far too much, better off adding that to the budget and get another car. Not to forget the hassle it comes with.

ReputationRep:
    Get your meguiars out and a can of anthracite on them wheels, smoke the rearlights and black back the headlights, you've got yourself a suiting colour.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the type of paint, colour, amount of paint and the car........... its far too much, better off adding that to the budget and get another car. Not to forget the hassle it comes with.
    You learn something new every day! I thought it was a simple, maybe £5-10, job!

ReputationRep:
    You learn something new every day! I thought it was a simple, maybe £5-10, job!
    We aren't talking about the paint you use for your home on the walls, etc.

These are paint which are very expensive, they have to last for a long time, handle the numerous weather conditions, wear and tear ,etc
    There's also many different layers on a car's paint, along with other sorts of coats, etc, also they got to get rid of the previous paint also a lot of effort.
    Its quite a bit of labour effort and takes much more than a few hours.

ReputationRep:
    We aren't talking about the paint you use for your home on the walls, etc.

These are paint which are very expensive, they have to last for a long time, handle the numerous weather conditions, wear and tear ,etc
    There's also many different layers on a car's paint, along with other sorts of coats, etc, also they got to get rid of the previous paint also a lot of effort.
    Its quite a bit of labour effort and takes much more than a few hours.
    I understand.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.