Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I've just applied to study at Kensington and Chelsea college. Luckily for me I'm under 24 and live more than 2 miles away, so I'll be getting the course for free and travel expenses paid for... however I currently live in a flatshare and work full time. My access course is 3 days a week, so I would obviously have to cut down a lot on my working hours, which gives me the problem- how do I financially survive when studying on this course?! I've spoken to the college and they asked me to send a letter explaining my circumstances, which I've done, but in the highly likely event that they do not agree to pay my rent, what other options do I have? I can't move back home... am I best off quitting my job and claiming housing benefit? Am I entitled to any kind of financial support? Help! :confused:
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.