Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'm finally doing it. I'm buying a smartphone and I want an iphone. I've played around on android phones and I've decided I prefer the iOS over the android os. Here's where I'm stuck. I can't decide which to get. Is there much difference? Is the 4s worth the extra £130? And apart from siri is there much the iphone 4s does that the 4 doesn't? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jharrington93)
    Ok, I'm finally doing it. I'm buying a smartphone and I want an iphone. I've played around on android phones and I've decided I prefer the iOS over the android os. Here's where I'm stuck. I can't decide which to get. Is there much difference? Is the 4s worth the extra £130? And apart from siri is there much the iphone 4s does that the 4 doesn't? Thanks
    Not much difference, but it's better to go for the 4S due to the increased storage capacity and faster processor & better camera. In the long run it'll work out better as the iphone 4 won't be officially supported by apple very soon where as the 4s will be for at least another 2 years.

Also it might be cheaper to buy it on contract.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I never thought about it expiring. I'm getting the 4s. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jharrington93)
    Wait till June till the new iPhone comes out, the 4S and 5 will be much cheaper then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimpleTom)
    Wait till June till the new iPhone comes out, the 4S and 5 will be much cheaper then.
    No proof of this. And why would Apple replace the iPhone 5 with a new model so early on. We won't see a new iPhone until at least end of Q3 2013.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sum Gai)
    No proof of this. And why would Apple replace the iPhone 5 with a new model so early on. We won't see a new iPhone until at least end of Q3 2013.
    They did with the iPads, but yeah youre probably right.

ReputationRep:
    Battery life has changed a bit between the iPhone4S and the previous iPhone models.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.