Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

The game's getting unanimously excellent reviews and was released today on the PlayStation Store. It's a 'Metroid-vania' style action-platformer set in a "magical Mexican inspired world", costs only £9.99 (£7.99 for PS Plus subscribers) and has PS3/Vita cross-play/cross-buy. :teeth:

I can't be the only one excited, surely?

Video reviews
    IGN's review:

Gamespot's review:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Looks insanely fun and I really like the distinctive visual style. :yep: Last fun 2D platformer I played was Castle Crashers and that was years ago.
    Both looks and is insanely fun :yep: The only downside is the length - I think I'm nearly at the end of the game now - but given the price I don't think that can be held too much against it. That, and there's then a hard mode to tackle as well. :afraid:

Oh, and you'll like this (not really a spoiler) :ahee:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I think I may pick this up after exams then! That's a shame, how long would you say it took you? Would you say there's much re-playability outside the difficulty mode? Seems worth it though. :yep:

Aha brilliant. I have actually heard that there a lot of video game references littered around the game. Somebody pointed out a Zelda one on another forum.
    There are a huge amount of references in the game, too many to list. There's an in-game timer so I could check when I can get to my PS3, but it's probably in the region of 7-ish hours for a first run through. There are a lot of collectibles to go for so that adds to the replayability to some extent, then in true Metroid fashion there's a lot of potential for speed-running if that's something that you enjoy (probably not for me, though ).

ReputationRep:
    One of my PSN friends was playing this a lot yesterday, so I was curious as to what it was. This feeling was helped by its rather different name.

It does look like a lot of fun from that trailer. I like the look of that ability to 'shift' between two worlds, although whether I'll be any good at it will remain to be seen. It's certainly a game I'll buy once my exams have permitted me an opportunity to relax.

Those Casa Crahers are looking a little more menacing than I remember them being in the past. I guess it makes sense though considering how their own game finished.

ReputationRep:

:zomg:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.