Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Who else applied for this course starting in september?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Applied for computing however the lecturer made it sound like we will all be on the same framework for the first year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raptorili)
    Applied for computing however the lecturer made it sound like we will all be on the same framework for the first year.
    I sure hope not I actually hate programing and it's in the course as well. So did make bournemouth your firm choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Lucifer)
    I sure hope not I actually hate programing and it's in the course as well. So did make bournemouth your firm choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yer its my firm I'm only from down the road in Southampton and have always loved Bournemouth so it was a very easy choice for me.

And to quote the paperwork I got

'First Year = 6 common taught subjects taken by all students
    Business and professional issues, computers and networks, databases, programming, systems analysis and design, web and media development.
    '

ReputationRep:
    Yer its my firm I'm only from down the road in Southampton and have always loved Bournemouth so it was a very easy choice for me.

And to quote the paperwork I got

'First Year = 6 common taught subjects taken by all students
    Business and professional issues, computers and networks, databases, programming, systems analysis and design, web and media development.
    '
    Good god , well I'm looking forward to it. I live near Eastbourne . Did you go to the open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good god , well I'm looking forward to it. I live near Eastbourne . Did you go to the open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have been looking forward to it ever since I got my offer. It was between that and ..Portsmouth (Not the nicest of places).

And yes I went a feww months back it was a lovely day and even managed to bag a trip on the bus for a tour of the town and dorms.

ReputationRep:
    I have been looking forward to it ever since I got my offer. It was between that and ..Portsmouth (Not the nicest of places).

And yes I went a feww months back it was a lovely day and even managed to bag a trip on the bus for a tour of the town and dorms.
    I made Portsmouth my insurance , I hear it can be dire. Maybe I'll see you in September ahaa

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I made Portsmouth my insurance , I hear it can be dire. Maybe I'll see you in September ahaa

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exact same I heard I also heard there is alot more time spent in lectures there but that might just be the specific course.

And possibly will lets hope everyone in the IT based courses are a friendly bunch.

ReputationRep:
    You are correct; everybody who's degree is part of the computing framework will do a standard first year where you get a taste of everything.

On a side note, don't be worried about programming. You won't be expected to know anything about programming when starting so you'll be taught from the bottom, and there are weekly drop-in sessions for programming so you get considerably more help with it than other subjects. Nothing is rushed either so you can fully understand how and why everything works.

If you have any other questions I'll try to help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.