Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Few questions here, I really have no idea what I'm doing...

Does it matter which University I have selected under the 'Your course' section of my application, for me I'm still deciding whether or not Manchester or Birmingham will be my firm so is it fine if I put one and ended up going to the other?

How can my parents submit their P60 when it isn't released until next month? Which I'm guessing is after the deadline...

One more, If I want a Current Year Income assessment should I still do everything as normal including getting my parents to 'Support my application' with their current year financials as the current tax year doesn't end until next April. Would the only thing different be sending off the current year income assessment form?

Sorry for the probably obvious questions, I just don't want to mess anything up :confused:

EDIT: Wait, is the Current Tax Year 12-13 and not 13-14?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by woodhamboyluke)
    Few questions here, I really have no idea what I'm doing...

Does it matter which University I have selected under the 'Your course' section of my application, for me I'm still deciding whether or not Manchester or Birmingham will be my firm so is it fine if I put one and ended up going to the other?

How can my parents submit their P60 when it isn't released until next month? Which I'm guessing is after the deadline...

One more, If I want a Current Year Income assessment should I still do everything as normal including getting my parents to 'Support my application' with their current year financials as the current tax year doesn't end until next April. Would the only thing different be sending off the current year income assessment form?

Sorry for the probably obvious questions, I just don't want to mess anything up :confused:

EDIT: Wait, is the Current Tax Year 12-13 and not 13-14?
    Hello woodhamboyluke,

You only need to put one university down, it doesn't matter that much at this stage which one, as it's your household income that is being assessed mainly, not where you are going.

If you end up going to different university you can change this online once you know where you are going. The process is pretty easy to do, like if you were updating your address for example.

For a standard assessment it is the financial year 2011/12 that they are looking at, so the P60's for this will have been issued around this time last year.

If you think that your parents earnings for the year that has just started in April 2013 will be 15% lower than their earnings in 2011/12 you can ask for a 'current year assessment'. This will ask for an estimate of what they are likely to earn in 2013/14. You still have to go through the standard application providing details for 2011/12 even if you go down this route.

You will then get your loan and grant based on this. Student Finance will look again at this time next year to see if the estimate matched what they actually earned and make any adjustments.

The form to ask for a current year assessment isn't available yet but will be released by the end of the month and can be downloaded here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-f...ails/year-1314

Hope this helps

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.