Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Dear All,

I have made application to diploma programme at Warwick, Nottingham and Bristol along with Masters programme at Mannheim.

By mistake my referee had sent the recommendation letter at Mannheim stating to me as a strong candidate for graduate diploma in economics. Will it affect my chances or Should I speak to my referee to make the required changes by e-mailing the Mannheim.

Please help me, as I strongly feel that Mannheim is the University where I wish to study.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I would email the uni and ask the referee to email them and explain the mistake. Unis know that people apply to more than one place and mistakes do happen.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    They'll probably overlook it - one of my referees always writes lovely things but is a bit absent minded, so has in the past claimed to have read, for example, and excellent dissertation I had not yet written. I just let the referee know and if the university asks, you can explain. They're far more likely to put it down to a referee uploading the same statement more than once, than anything more serious.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.