Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been here before?
    Im going to in the next few months as I love stuff like that. Think it looks really quaint and cute
    Any recommendations on what to try?
    Im thinking of having the china rose tea-layered with rose petals in the drying process
    Or china yunnan- a nutty citrus taste
    Or green and Chinese blossom-green tea leaves and jasmine flowers
    Here's the site if anyone else is interested http://www.richmondtearooms.com/Menu.aspx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yes its a nice place to go, nice decor, slightly off service, you post reads more like an advert than an a query...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lbenson88)
    yes its a nice place to go, nice decor, slightly off service, you post reads more like an advert than an a query...
    Haha does it ?
    I just wanted opinions/recommendations /reviews
    We didnt end up going anyways
    My friend fell ill
    But I still want to go at some point

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    well it used to be better, they've got busier over the last year and its ruined the service and sometimes the quality of the food, if you do go, then go when its quiet so off peak times, dont go on a weekend, it ruins it if you get a rubbish seat (the kind they add in just because it can fit, not because it should fit) and the experiance is rubbish. also you can wait aggggeeess to get a waiter, if its quiet its brill, if its remotely busy- avoid! you can book which makes it better but they hardly ever answer the phone, and be specific about the table you want ie against a wall, in the tent, or in the conservatory.

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lbenson88)
    well it used to be better, they've got busier over the last year and its ruined the service and sometimes the quality of the food, if you do go, then go when its quiet so off peak times, dont go on a weekend, it ruins it if you get a rubbish seat (the kind they add in just because it can fit, not because it should fit) and the experiance is rubbish. also you can wait aggggeeess to get a waiter, if its quiet its brill, if its remotely busy- avoid! you can book which makes it better but they hardly ever answer the phone, and be specific about the table you want ie against a wall, in the tent, or in the conservatory.

Hope that helps.
    We were thinking at actual tea time, around five ish on a weekday
    Where's best? Tent or conservatory? Think conservatory sounds nice of its a warm spring day

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    the conservatory is inside so it's less glam than it sounds but it only has two tables so its good if theres 4/5 of you because you'll get it to yourself, if theres only 2 of you then you end up sharing it, which is really wierd because it's really tight & theres only one other table and you can hear everything in the other conversation, and you loose the alot of the sound from the restaurant so the 2 tables are in their own little world(thats happened to me, off putting!) but if you get both the tables it's ok, tight but fun.

the tent is my favorite, the seats are much comfier, a soft sofa with lots of cushions and its also your own little world but you get more noise from the rest of the tables, it seats 12/14 i think but they split up the tables normally. its warmer in the tent as well, sometimes Richmond is cold as you get the draft through the door.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.