Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What does your boyfriend/girlfriend say when you ask them "Why do you like/love me?" watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically just as the title says. Just curious.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I wasn't aware this was a question people actually asked...

ReputationRep:
    For our anniversary I got a nice book of reasons, so cute.

But, and I don't know if this a guy thing, if I was asked that question straight, I'd struggle to answer. It sounds dumb but I'd say "well because I do", it's hard to sum up 2+ years. If I had time to think about it and write stuff then yeah sure, but not on the spur of the moment, I'd just say something dumb sounding as said.

Anon as got class mates on here.

Never asked her directly but she has said in the past it's because I am very special and unique. I replied saying I know

ReputationRep:
    'Because you said yes'

ReputationRep:
    God I hate this question but I love hearing my boyfriend answer it so I can't have it both ways.

I talk about his looks and qualities and cute/good/nice/kind things he has done for me and other people.

ReputationRep:
    'Because your sister was already taken' doesn't generally go down well.

ReputationRep:
    For our three-year anniversary, he wrote a letter which had a rather long list. It included the usual stuff you'd say and also included stuff like our routines (for we have many, far more than I realised we did), quirks about me etc.

Soppy whatsit :')

First time had 'because you don't seem have the bad qualities other girls do, that or you hide them really well and I respect that', more recently though he said 'because you're what I always imagined a woman should be like'.

ReputationRep:
    'Because you're hot'

ReputationRep:
    Because of your massive rod

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a girlfriend. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    It's a great question to ask if you want to make the guy panic however it also depends on the context. Casually asking over dinner is fine but i imagine many people are asking for validation.

Perhaps paradoxically i could tell somebody why i love myself much more easily than why i love another person.

ReputationRep:
    I just asked my boyfriend and his reply was "dat ass"

ReputationRep:
    He says nothing. Why? Because he is a cardboard cut out and therefore cannot speak

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I'm way too logical ha ha. I'd actually start listing off all the the traits and qualities that I love about them ha ha. E.g I love how you make sure everyone feels included when your with your friends, I love your dimples ect..

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually ask this question? I assumes he loves me because i'm...me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    For our anniversary I got a nice book of reasons, so cute.

But, and I don't know if this a guy thing, if I was asked that question straight, I'd struggle to answer. It sounds dumb but I'd say "well because I do", it's hard to sum up 2+ years. If I had time to think about it and write stuff then yeah sure, but not on the spur of the moment, I'd just say something dumb sounding as said.
    Yeah, when I ask my boyfriend, all he can say is "Because you're amazing", but in anniversary cards he fills up the card with things he loves about me. But when I'm asked I can pretty much give a detailed list on the spot.
    Must be a guy thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veggie4life)
    I don't actually ask this question? I assumes he loves me because i'm...me?
    Well yes, I'd assume my boyfriend would love me because I'm me too.
    However, I view myself in a certain way, and could assume that he loves me for all the things I like about myself, but he might not see me in the same way as I see myself.
    If you understand what I'm trying to say.

ReputationRep:
    Because I can't have sex with boys. And once a relationship is established it's much easier to initiate sex. Hence why.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.