Bad grades Watch

the_man12345
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I've 90% messed up my AS levels....messed up meaning B's And C's. And this is not good enough for the courses I'm looking at...which rather sucks. Should I just leave college...get an apprenticeship? As I only want to do certain things at Uni...and they require A's and B's. Or should I start again?
q1w2e3r4t5y
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If they are low Bs, can you not re-sit them, and do you know what you are predicted at A2? If you're predicted higher than your results this year, you can work really hard and try to get them instead of starting over again, because I know people who have improved even 2 grades from AS to A2. Don't give up
A.Jitto
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey don't worry. The best thing about London AL's is that you get to repeat the subjects you went down atleast 3 times, So if i were you i wouldn't worry. Try repeating the stuff again in Jan or June and make sure you finish all the syllabus 1 month before the exam and make sure you've done all the past papers. That is the maximum you could do.
If you are really interested in getting into uni try a bit harder.Hey nothing is easy.

Good luck
ChooChoo2
Report 12 years ago
I got B's and C's last year,
Still applied to courses with A's and B's as requirements,
Got 6 offers,
Am now working a lot and doing a few restis to get what I need

I would say wait for your results and talk to your teachers, it will be fine!
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I agree with everyone else. Just apply to uni anyway, resit the exams you don't do well enough in next year on top of A2s and hope for the best.
nnaattn
Report 12 years ago
dont be stupid, overall in my AS's i got BCDU and yes i did work,just not as much as i should etc and had filled the form in to drop out...the form went missing n for 1 reason or another the school didnt know id dropped out so i had to go first day anyway to tell them, they convinced me to give it another go, and now im looking at AAB and going to newcastle uni...:-)
Leilah
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In my AS year I got a D in Business. The following January in my A2 year, I resat just 2 modules of the 3 fo rAS Business and I got full marks in both of them taking my business grade from a low D to a high A. If this doesn't inspire you, I don't know what else can.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed