Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I am in dilemma of deciding where to study next term. Initially I applied ucas 2013 was because I didn't fell happy to stay at my uni at that moment. People in my sixth-form just bantered on my uni (also my course)...... Of course this isn't the main reason The main reason that I am thinking to change a place to study is that I got NO CLOSED FRIENDS at uni and I was a bit depressed about that ...... I am not even sure that whether aiming to be an Actuary is a right choice or not, maybe I am lack of perseverance...... Also, I am from Asia and the brand name of UCL is much better than that of City. Overall, I don't have much motivation to study......

Last month, I received 2 offers from UCL. One is statistics and the other one is Mathematics, they provide me a chance to study year 1 in there. However, if I go to UCL, it means that I need to spend more money, plus there may be a chance that I also won't be happy in UCL either......

Some people told me that it all depends on my interest of the subjects, but to be honest I don't know which subject I really interested in...... I think I am lost at the moment

May anyone give me some advices?

ReputationRep:
    any advices?

ReputationRep:
    I had the same issue. I chose UCL statistics because the uni has a bigger reputation and you can still be an actuary after, but you are open to more career paths as the skills learnt on the degree are more transferable. Some of the stuff on the Actuarial Science degree is very profession specific.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a5a09)
    Hi everyone!
    The main reason that I am thinking to change a place to study is that I got NO CLOSED FRIENDS at uni and I was a bit depressed about that ......
    If you are really not happy now then Its worth changing both university and course you will be starting fresh and have another chance to make friends. but remember its still a gamble for what ever reason you didn't make good friends this year may happen again.

also be aware about their Eligibility for accommodation:

"they have spent no previous period of time living in a residence associated with an institution of higher education located in the London area (i.e. within the M25 motorway)."

I cant comment about the courses I don't know enough about them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.