Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If there were a general election tomorrow... Watch

• View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in a General Election tomorrow?
    Labour
    37.57%
    Conservative
    30.39%
    UKIP
    12.15%
    Liberal Democrats
    4.97%
    Green
    10.50%
    BNP
    1.66%
    English Democrats
    0%
    Respect
    0.55%
    Other
    2.21%

ReputationRep:
    Who would you vote for?

ReputationRep:
    I hate it but in all honesty I'm leaning towards the tories... I hate their health reforms and some of what they're doing to the education system, but either they're the only ones who seem to be taking steps to fix the economy or the others are lying...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob da Mop)
    I hate it but in all honesty I'm leaning towards the tories... I hate their health reforms and some of what they're doing to the education system, but either they're the only ones who seem to be taking steps to fix the economy or the others are lying...
    How about this: they're completely breaking the economy as austerity predictably isn't working, and all of them are lying practically every time they open their mouths.

ReputationRep:
    This is irrelevant because the election is in 2015.

There have been numerous threads on this

LIB DEM, LIB DEM, LIB DEM

ReputationRep:
    Labour.

The Lib Dems are a joke. In the run up to the general election, Nick Clegg (Formerly known as 'Who?'), enjoyed what seemed to be a rock star popularity. He presented himself well, he did very well on the televised debate, and looked like an actual contender for PM. He made the people believe he was a man they could trust, which did not pan out. So until they get a new leader, I will never vote for them, out of principle.

I read in the paper the other day, that George Osborne said 'We need to start fixing the economy' - so I would love to know why now, three years into his job, he's only now decided he should actually do what he's paid to do.
    As much as the media sway public opinion based on which paper you read, or news channel you watch, I have not seen any evidence to see that they are a party I can trust. I will admit, that being one of six children of a single mother who was on benefits up until I was 14, I am a product of what they tory's hate most. However, as much as Osborne will use the Philpott tragedy to justify his benefit cuts, my mum has not killed any of her children. We went without holidays, Sky, a car, and other luxuries, because she felt that buying good food, books, and paying a bit extra to live in a nice area close to a good school was better for us than being able to watch Ed Edd and Eddy on Cartoon Network, but I digress.
    Benefit cuts for the poor and tax cuts for the rich are not the way to go, in my opinion.

And that leaves Labour. A party which, like others, has its faults, and I do not agree with every policy they have, but I trust them. I believe that under a Labour government, this country will get back on track. And that under them, for 10 years, we had significant improvements (Increased number of nursers, doctors, teachers, apprentices, One million pensioners lifted out of poverty, etc.)
    The conservative's mantra of 'We're clearing up the mess Labour left us in' worked at first, people bought it. But now, no improvements have been seen, and they are actually saying that austerity will now last until 2018, not 2015 as first said.

Fortunately, I can vote in this election, and will have the opportunity to contribute to society, and help make a change

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ekudamram)
    Labour.

The Lib Dems are a joke. In the run up to the general election, Nick Clegg (Formerly known as 'Who?'), enjoyed what seemed to be a rock star popularity. He presented himself well, he did very well on the televised debate, and looked like an actual contender for PM. He made the people believe he was a man they could trust, which did not pan out. So until they get a new leader, I will never vote for them, out of principle.

I read in the paper the other day, that George Osborne said 'We need to start fixing the economy' - so I would love to know why now, three years into his job, he's only now decided he should actually do what he's paid to do.
    As much as the media sway public opinion based on which paper you read, or news channel you watch, I have not seen any evidence to see that they are a party I can trust. I will admit, that being one of six children of a single mother who was on benefits up until I was 14, I am a product of what they tory's hate most. However, as much as Osborne will use the Philpott tragedy to justify his benefit cuts, my mum has not killed any of her children. We went without holidays, Sky, a car, and other luxuries, because she felt that buying good food, books, and paying a bit extra to live in a nice area close to a good school was better for us than being able to watch Ed Edd and Eddy on Cartoon Network, but I digress.
    Benefit cuts for the poor and tax cuts for the rich are not the way to go, in my opinion.

And that leaves Labour. A party which, like others, has its faults, and I do not agree with every policy they have, but I trust them. I believe that under a Labour government, this country will get back on track. And that under them, for 10 years, we had significant improvements (Increased number of nursers, doctors, teachers, apprentices, One million pensioners lifted out of poverty, etc.)
    The conservative's mantra of 'We're clearing up the mess Labour left us in' worked at first, people bought it. But now, no improvements have been seen, and they are actually saying that austerity will now last until 2018, not 2015 as first said.

Fortunately, I can vote in this election, and will have the opportunity to contribute to society, and help make a change
    haha, good one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawstudent)
    haha, good one.
    I do, considering the alternatives.

ReputationRep:
    I'm Tory. David Cameron has done well and deserves a second term. I've come to really like him as a Prime Minister actually, despite being relatively lukewarm on him before the election in 2010.

ReputationRep:
    Labour have no policies and their recent PPB were pointless especially the biography Ed the geek who is not PM material.

They screwed the economy and they will do it again if elected. Ed Balls, I cannot stand and thought of him in the Treasury sends a chill down my spine.

Them 2 were close to Gordon
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    They've not been perfect but i'm broadly happy with the coalition so i'll still be voting Tory.

ReputationRep:
    I would vote Labour but I think they need to reorganise and recognise Ed Milliband as a stop gap solution.

The likes of James Purnell should be brought back.

ReputationRep:
    Voting Tory in the hope that they will get a majority. Although I still think Labour will win outright.

ReputationRep:
    Voting Ukip until the Conservatives get rid of Cameron....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I think I'd like this coalition again. The thought of the Blues in power alone frightens me, but the LDs have no chance.

I quite like this tempered conservatism we have no.

I'm not sure I could vote Labour again until the likes of the Eds were gone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    100% of minorities will be voting for Labour again no doubt. Wonder WHY?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slickrick666999)
    Incorrect

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I'm Tory. David Cameron has done well and deserves a second term. I've come to really like him as a Prime Minister actually, despite being relatively lukewarm on him before the election in 2010.
    What has he done that makes you say hes done good? He's just ploughing his way through welfare cuts which is making peope think he's doing something. Truth is, the country's position is as dire as when he took office.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slickrick666999)
    You're wrong.

ReputationRep:
    This is so weird - I was literally just thinking of starting a discussion on this when I found this thread!

I would vote labour - although I don't much like Ed Miliband, I do agree with a lot of labour's policies. Unfortunately though I suspect it will be a Tory government again.

My second choice would be Lib Dem.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, all 3 of the major parties sound f****d. Although I imagine, like meenu89, that Labour will win outright in 2015.

Right now I'm seriously regretting persuading my parents to vote Lib Dem in the last general election when their manifesto included the scrapping of university tuition fees :cry:

I doubt I'll ever vote for them, and I seriously doubt they'll get in to leadership for the foreseeable future.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.