Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basically I got off (kissed) a girl in a club about five weeks ago now and we had a great time which ended in me getting her number. I never called her back after that night though and am now regretting it and I want to give her a text to ask for a date but would it be considered too weird?

ReputationRep:
    No, it wouldn't be weird. If you're interested in that girl contact her, it's not too late! Skip the text and be direct with a phone call. Better late then never right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically I got off (kissed) a girl in a club about five weeks ago now and we had a great time which ended in me getting her number. I never called her back after that night though and am now regretting it and I want to give her a text to ask for a date but would it be considered too weird?
    You can try calling her and see what happens but she's probably forgotten all about you by now.

ReputationRep:
    I'd text her first but make an excuse like 'butt text her' then text apologising with, 'how're you anyways?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annuhlees)
    I'd text her first but make an excuse like 'butt text her' then text apologising with, 'how're you anyways?'
    Sneaky... sneaky...

ReputationRep:
    Might as well give it a try if you're interested, what have you got to lose? Bear in mind that she might not remember you or might have met someone else in the 5 weeks though.

ReputationRep:
    Nah not weird at all. Just quit thinking too much...which won't help at all and text her...you never know she's probably waiting for that text...or even better that 'call'...life's too short just go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Call her mate, the worst that can happen is she says no!

................................ .................. ..........................._,-~"¯¯"~-,
    ................................ .................. ................__„-~"¯¯:::,-~~-,_::::"-
    ................................ .................. ..........„~"¯::::::::::::::" ::::::::::::::::::\
    ................................ .................. .__„„„-"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::"~-,
    ................................ ..........__-~"::,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::: ::::~-,
    ..........................._____ __~"___-~":::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::"-,
    ......................,~"::::::: :::::::¯¯::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::,: |
    ....................:/:::::::::::::::::__-~":::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::_,-~":'\'-,:\:|:\|::\|\::\:|
    ...................,'::::::::,-~~"~"_::',::|::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::,~ ':\'-,::',"-\::'':"::::::::\|:|/
    ..............._,-'"~----":::/,~"¯"-:|::|::|:::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::,~"::\'-,:\;;'-';;;;;;;;;;;,-'::\::|/
    ............,-'::::::::::::::::'-\~"o¯_/::,'::|::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::,-',::\'-,:|::";;;;;;;;;;;;,-':\:'-,::\
    ............|:::::::::::::::::-,_'~'::::,-'::,'::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::,-':\'-,:\'-,';;';;;;;;;;;;;;;,-':\:::'\-,|''
    ............|::,-~"::::::::::::::"~~":::,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::_,-~':\'-,|:"'";;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'¯::'-,:',\|
    .........../::/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::_,„-~"¯\:\'-,|;''-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'--,::\-:\:\|
    ........./::::|::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::,-';;'-';;;;',/;\/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-,|:::\-,:|\|..\|
    ......./:::::::\:::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-~'''("-,\:::|\:|::''
    ......,':::::::,'::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::: :,-'/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,--'::::::/"~'
    .....,'::::::::|:::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::,„-~"::|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'::::::::,'::::/
    ..../:::::::::|:::::::::::::„---~~""¯¯¯::',:::::,';;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;,':::::::::::|_,-'
    ..,'::::::::::::",:,-~"¯::::::::"-,::::::::::|:::/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,':::::::|::: :,'
    ./:::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::: :::"-,:::::::\:::|¯¯¯"""~-,~,_/::::::::,':::/
    :::::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::: ::::::::"~-,_::|::\: : : : : : |: : \::::::::/:/
    :::::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::: ",:::::::::::::"-':::\: : : : : : |: : :\::::::|::|\
    :::::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::: ::",::::::::::::::::::\: : : : : : \: : : |:::::|::|;;\
    ::::::::::::::::::"-,:::::::::::::::",:::::::::::::: :/|\ ,: : : : : : : |::::,'/|::::|
    :::::::::::::::::::::"-,:::::::::::::::"-,_::::::::::\|:/|,: : : : : : : |::: |'-,/|:::|
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,_::::::::::::::"~-,_:::"-,/|/\::::::::::: \::: \"-/|::|
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::" ~-,__:::::::::::',"-,:::"_|/\:|\: : : : \::\":/|\|
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::"~-,_:::::\:::\:::"~/_:|:|\: : : '-,\::"::,'\
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::"-,_:'-,::\:::::::"-,|:||\,-, : '-,\:::|-'-„
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::: ::,-,'"-:"~,:::::"/_/::|-/\--';;\:::/: ||\-,
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::: :/...'-,::::::"~„::::"-,/_:|:/\:/|/|/|_/:|
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::: |......"-,::::::::"~-:::::""~~~"¯:::|
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::: |........."-,_:::::::::::::::::::::::::/
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::\ .............."~--„_____„„-~~"
    do it

ReputationRep:
    If you do ring her it will just result in the birth of a completely new thread in this forums titled "Guy waited for 5 weeks to get in touch, does he just want sex?"

ReputationRep:
    First of all, what is ur excuse for waiting 5 weeks?

Second of all, when u call her make an excuse, something like "well, i had problems at work, or in the family"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mockery)
    If you do ring her it will just result in the birth of a completely new thread in this forums titled "Guy waited for 5 weeks to get in touch, does he just want sex?"
    Lmao

Text her, say you lost her number or something. Make it really casual and say you felt rude you never replied and you found her number and thought you should get In touch.

Play it cool.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.