Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So hey everyone!
    I'm just gonna cut straight to the chase here:
    • Been with dude A for 4 years
    • not in love anymore, but being in a relationship with him is easier because he's great and we know each other so well
    • fancy dude B, we met at school like 8 years ago, he's fancied me ever since
    • same uni as dude A, different uni from dude B

*Drum-roll* what do? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So hey everyone!
    I'm just gonna cut straight to the chase here:
    • Been with dude A for 4 years
    • not in love anymore, but being in a relationship with him is easier because he's great and we know each other so well
    • fancy dude B, we met at school like 8 years ago, he's fancied me ever since
    • same uni as dude A, different uni from dude B

*Drum-roll* what do? :confused:
    Even though its easier to stay in the relationship, I'd say break it off. It's not fair on both of you if you carry on. You could either tell him the whole truth or just the bit how you're not in love with him anymore.

If you break it off enjoy being single for a while, before going to B.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Don't stay with A. It would be unfair for the both of you.

(Original post by hannahisasmit)
    Even though its easier to stay in the relationship, I'd say break it off. It's not fair on both of you if you carry on. You could either tell him the whole truth or just the bit how you're not in love with him anymore.

If you break it off enjoy being single for a while, before going to B.

Hope this helps.
    Ah thank you! I guess it does make sense, can't really help what the heart wants, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ah thank you! I guess it does make sense, can't really help what the heart wants, eh?
    Nope of course not and honesty is the best policy.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should cut it off with dude A in the nicest way possible, but I don't really think jumping straight into a relationship with dude B would be respectful or the best idea. I agree with the above poster, enjoy being single and having time for yourself, four years is quite a long time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.