Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tell new GF past intimacy with girls? (Sexual details) watch

ReputationRep:
    Last year I went out with two girls. I'd never really done anything sexual with anyone before, and my first girlfriend I fingered her, and she gave me handjobs. My next girlfriend asked me about what I'd done with my ex, and I told her. She'd never had any sexual experience and wanted me to do stuff with her. I fingered her, went down on her and she gave me hand and blow jobs.

She's asked me not to tell anyone what we've done, especially if the next girl I get with knows her, because she feels guilty.

There isn't anyone on the horizon, but surely I should tell a prospective new girlfriend my past experiences? My ex is with someone now, says she doesn't want to do anything with him, so I'm not sure if she's told him.

Also, what's the difference between dating/seeing and going out? I've always taking seeing and going out to mean the same, but apparently it's different.

ReputationRep:
    I usually take the old approach that a gentleman never tells. It's quite crass to go into details of what you've done with previous partners, particularly if your ex is known to your new girlfriend.

If you have to say anything (do people really ask that of partners?) you could always just gloss over it with general experience if you had to, but I'd never say anything like "well, with <name> I did this, this, this and this, and with <name2> I did this", etc.

'Seeing' and 'going out' - I think 'seeing' is casual dating without being officially together (testing the water, as it were), and 'going out' is more exclusive and official.

ReputationRep:
    Well yes if a girl asks you cant lie and say nothing. I told my boyfriend before I aske dhim that i didnt really agree with casual sex but when i asked about past relationships he was honest and told me he'd had a lot of ons, im glad he was honest and straight up as i dont feel like he's hiding anything. Dont let a new girlfriend feel that shes the first your doing something with when actually shes the second as the likelyhood is she will guess or find out. The girl before shouldnt have done anything with you if she was that bothered you dont have to discuss your past sexual history but i dont think you should lie to a new partner about it

ReputationRep:
    I've been with my guy 2 years and the thought of asking crossed my mind a couple of times... but then I decided I didn't really want to know.
    I don't see why anyone would want to know, really :/
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You can certainly be up front about being a virgin. You can also say, if asked, that you've had oral sex / hand stuff a few times. You don't need to say who with - if you do, whoever you're with will expect that you'll blab about what you did with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnykino)
    Last year I went out with two girls. I'd never really done anything sexual with anyone before, and my first girlfriend I fingered her, and she gave me handjobs. My next girlfriend asked me about what I'd done with my ex, and I told her. She'd never had any sexual experience and wanted me to do stuff with her. I fingered her, went down on her and she gave me hand and blow jobs.

She's asked me not to tell anyone what we've done, especially if the next girl I get with knows her, because she feels guilty.

There isn't anyone on the horizon, but surely I should tell a prospective new girlfriend my past experiences? My ex is with someone now, says she doesn't want to do anything with him, so I'm not sure if she's told him.

Also, what's the difference between dating/seeing and going out? I've always taking seeing and going out to mean the same, but apparently it's different.
    You don't need to tell a new girlfriend anything about your past relationships, at least any personal information.

Plus it provides a bit of mystery if you're not so forthcoming with the sordid details of your past conquests. Plus a lot of women will not want/like to hear about what you did to whatever girl.

Best philosophy concerning this is: The past is in the past.

All part of the grander philosophy of 'If you don't want to know the answer, don't ask the question'.

ReputationRep:
    just say you have had two girlfriends you did some sexual stuff but not sex, if she asks who they were then tell her. That way your not telling her any personal details but your being honest as well. The second girl might not want you to tell her it was her but if you were going out who she is is hardly a secret she can keep lots of people will know so I wouldn't bother trying to hide her identity for her its a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    It's important to know what your partner's done and for them to be truthful, both because of sexual health and so you know if they're comfortable with this or that act. It's not important to know with whom it was done.

ReputationRep:
    If she asks, then tell her. Don't go into any detail unless she wants to know. I used to want to know quite a lot about my boyfriend's sex life, so I could compare it to ours now - which is a pretty stupid thing to do really. I guess it would kind of boost my confidence a bit, in some strange way. I'm finally realizing though that the past doesn't matter in the slightest, and our relationship now is the only thing that matters.

ReputationRep:
    Some girls like to know, some don't. Only tell her what she asks, and don't bring up exes unnecessarily.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2013
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.