Marking system of maths Watch

ixnayonthehombre
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
When examiners mark your work, how exactly are the points awarded? I have heard you get a mark for using the correct method of calculation, but what if this is the case, but the numbers you have used are wrong? Do you still get the mark.
Shickles
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
you would get the method mark(s) but not the accuracy mark(s) if you use the correct method but the wrong numbers.
if you look at past papers' markschemes, on the side of the working you'll see M1 A1 or something like that.
M1 is 1 method mark & A1 is 1 accuracy mark.

so, if you get the method right, you'll get full method marks but you'll gain no accuracy marks.
Christo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Becky68M)
With one of the questions in the M1 paper, it gave you a position vector, and you had to find an expression for the velocity, so i differentiated it once. I don't know whether i deiferentiated it right, but i just wrote ''differentiate'', i didn't give any equation for it. So, for example, say my differentiating is wrong, will i still get a mark for saing 'differentiate'?
If it was worth 1 mark, probably not.

If it was worth 2 marks, I'm sure you'd get one for knowing dx/dt = v.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads