-
    New Wharf Hall
    -
    Newarke Point
    -
    Victoria Hall
    -
    Waterway Gardens
    I don't know much about the university, but for the course I want to do, it's pretty goood. [I don't want to say which course- safety..]

My friend was saying that Liberty Park is a really nice accommodation, but I want some more opinions

I'd prefer being in an accommodation with all girls...
    I was going to go liverpool for the same course, but DMU seems better for the course, so I put liverpool as my insurance. There's an accommodation place there that's known for it's lively, crazy party life. They actually said that if you're first year, you don't want to go there as it's pretty unsafe and you're inexperienced
    If any of the accommodation places are like that in DMU, I don't really think I want to go there.
    I'm going to be first year, so I'd rather be in a place where I got my freedom but also knew I was in a safe area, safe accommodation etc

Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried looking on the accommodation website for info about security etc. For each halls. I think all of the halls would be pretty safe... They'd have to be for student welfare and such. All of them should have people on site 24/7 anyway in case you need help with anything. There is a lot of choice for accommodation but I think opinions are fairly mixed, depending on personal preference. I've read good and bad things about most of the halls, it really is just down to what you're looking for.

I wasn't sure which one to go for as I wanted somewhere sociable and lively... but then realised that mainly depends on the people there at that particular time. In the end, I just put it down to what would suit me best in terms of price, location, how many people I'd be living with..

ReputationRep:
    I also forgot to mention.. all of DMU's accommodation is single sex, so you'd be living with all girls anyway. Hope this helped.

ReputationRep:
    I'm stuck between The grange and victoria hall. I want to be somewhere quiet but with 1st years too. Any advice from people who have lived in either of these?

ReputationRep:
    Serious question: A lot of people seem to want to live in Victoria halls, but you have to pay the first installment before everyone receives their student loan, so how do you afford it? Probably a stupid question, but it's been bothering me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peppa)
    Serious question: A lot of people seem to want to live in Victoria halls, but you have to pay the first installment before everyone receives their student loan, so how do you afford it? Probably a stupid question, but it's been bothering me
    I was thinking this too! On the UNITE accommodation website, I read somewhere if you can't/don't want to pay the first installment you can install an 8 month pay plan instead where you pay rent every month or so but you have to pay £99 for admin fees or something... not too sure though.

ReputationRep:
    Victoria Hall are really stipid, how are they gonna ask for first instalment before students recieve their finance, i think they only want international students

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.