Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What is the legacy of this man? Do you like him? Do you loathe him? If still standing, would you ever vote for him again? Is this man amongst the great of Churchill and Thatcher or is he as bad as dictators such as Stalin or Hitler for starting an 'unnecessary' war? Discuss Below!

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Self serving

ReputationRep:
    Quite like him.

ReputationRep:
    I would never vote for him.

He spent taxes like water and got almost nothing to show for it. His Minimum Wage made it harder for the poorest and least-skilled people of all to get a foot on the career ladder by making it too expensive to employ people at the lower end of the labour market.

Need I even mention Afghanistan and Iraq?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bronco2012)
    Quite like him.
    Same! He is my favourite Prime Minister for embracing the development of New Labour, yet always when he is brought up in out politics class it results in controversial debates, mainly centering on Bush and Iraq.

ReputationRep:
    B.Liar

ReputationRep:
    Only the brave will post their love for Blair on here and face the tide of negs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 002)
    What is the legacy of this man? Do you like him? Do you loathe him? If still standing, would you ever vote for him again? Is this man amongst the great of Churchill and Thatcher or is he as bad as dictators for starting an 'unnecessary' war? Discuss Below!

Spoiler:
    Show
    He's treasonous and would have sold us out to the EU! He would even have betrayed us completely by giving up the pound for the euro if Brown hadn't of put in those tests before he would allow that to happen.

Spoiler:
    Show
    real aim is to be president of the European Commission and be 'president of Europe'

ReputationRep:
    He made some bad decisions which I never would of and stood for some policies I found stupid.
    That being said he is a great speaker and used to make me laugh. Seems like a nice guy too.
    Although his legacy is Iraq/Afghanistan and will be forever associated with that

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, they went to Iraq to get rid of an evil dictator who was murdering civilians himself. I disagree with the war though , there could and should have been other options.

Otherwise i like him as a leader, a speaker and personality. One of our best i think.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just put the debate in the actual title? I'm sure we are all big boys and girls who can manage to see a pic/thread of/about Tony Blair without needing a health warning? Just saying.

ReputationRep:
    How does everyone feel about the prospect of Blair becoming EU President?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrkingpenguin)
    Why don't you just put the debate in the actual title? I'm sure we are all big boys and girls who can manage to see a pic/thread of/about Tony Blair without needing a health warning? Just saying.
    Dont speak his name!

ReputationRep:
    A very good performer - a very good politician. But he allowed his emotions to run away with him. In the end, juvenile, I think, and one of the last people who should have had anything to do with running the country.

ReputationRep:
    He is a very charismatic man that has used his time in office to his advantage for carving out a career after he left office, for that he has my respect as there are other politicians trying to follow him (I believe the former President of France, Nicolas Sarkozy has tried to set up a similar gig with a Qatari wealth fund). His war in Iraq was misguided and Afghanistan was less of a mistake but a mistake nonetheless. I do feel he tried to do what he thought was best for the country even if it was, at times, wrong.

ReputationRep:
    He was better than Brown!

ReputationRep:
    Blair enhanced Britains relationship with the US, making Britain one of the most feared and envied countries on the planet. Do you agree or disagree?

ReputationRep:
    Blair transformed Britain from the dark days of Tory Poverty, neglect and oppression of the poor into a fairer society for everyone. Agree or Disagree?

ReputationRep:
    Blair was for the good of Britain, and indeed the world. Do you agree?

ReputationRep:
    Blair was for the good of the Labour party. Agree?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.