Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys! I got an unconditional offer for the two programmes for 2013/2014,although I really want to pursue my postgraduate degree at LSE but I am not sure about the job prospects of an Economic History degree.
    As my GSS application was rejected, being an international student I'll be spending about £30,000 at for the programme plus accommodation at LSE.
    If you any of you have done Msc Economic History at LSE or know anyone whose done the programme could you please let me know the placements and the overall experience.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    The two programmes are rather different , however if you were to pick LSE over Exeter I wouldn't worry about job prospects, the relative weakness of their Msc in terms of 'applicability to the real world' compared to what you would be studying at Exeter's would be largely compensated by Lse's reputation and its institutionalized network of employers. 30k plus accomodation is a very high sum though... I guess it goes down to your personal preference and financial possibilities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vox Feni)
    The two programmes are rather different , however if you were to pick LSE over Exeter I wouldn't worry about job prospects, the relative weakness of their Msc in terms of 'applicability to the real world' compared to what you would be studying at Exeter's would be largely compensated by Lse's reputation and its institutionalized network of employers. 30k plus accomodation is a very high sum though... I guess it goes down to your personal preference and financial possibilities.
    Thanks for your reply Vox, the £30,000 are inclusive of the living costs as well as the tuition fees.Sorry for the confusion.
    I've made up my mind and have chosen LSE over exeter for precisely the reason you mention.In addition a master's education is a life long asset and the institution you go to does have a considerable impact on your career,moreover LSE unlike Exeter is renowned around the world,so if I were to return to Pakistan or want to work anywhere else in the world,I'd stand a greater chance of employment even if the degree is less applicable compared to Exeter's.

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome, I agree with your point of view. I am currently on the same boat, trying to decide between LSE and UCL, even though I guess in the end If I don't manage to find some source of financial support I will just have to look inside my wallet to find a sincere, realistic answer

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    do you think this is also true for someone who has to choose between a MSc in History of International Relations or a Msc Finance at a good european business school?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.