Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This isn't a moan or anything, I was just curious as to what other people might do if they got into this situation and had just finished University

Here are your Weapons

BA Hons Drama= 2.2 Degree

BTEC National Diploma Drama= DDD

First Diploma Drama= D*

Here are your GCSES

English= C
    Drama=B
    Physical Studies= D
    Maths= F
    Science= F

ReputationRep:
    Whilst you have the distinctions etc higher up. I'd still try to get the Maths and Science GCSE's up to a C. Even if it was part time whilst in some sort of employment.

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming here that you have some performance skills or at least reasonable 'customer service' type confidence? you could get work over the summer with either a kids summer school (ie. http://www.xkeys.co.uk/jobs), or at a resort ie. http://www.resortwork.co.uk). Or, get a Working Holiday visa for either Australia, New Zealand or Canada and get some general work experience whilst also giving yourself some time to think.

A 2.2 isnt the end of the world. Yes, you will need to impress a bit more than someone with a 2.1. That's why you need to get out there and really start building your CV. Any volunteer work, any internship/work experience you can think of - do it. If you did manage to get the Maths GCSE up to a C, a PGCE/teaching might be one thing to eventually think about.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.