Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just accepted a place at reading uni and am planning on smoking weed there. I was just wondering if a lot of people do at uni and if its generally acceptable. Before anyone gives me a lecture, I am completely aware of and educated in relation to the legality of the matter and the health issues. An answer from someone that actually goes to reading would be great but responses from anyone else would also be welcome.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Trolling Trolling Trolling

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Lots of people do it at Uni, doesn't mean its necessarily acceptable though. The rules in Reading would be the same as it is all over the UK. As long as it isn't in Public you'd be alright lol.

ReputationRep:
    If it's a problem on campus it won't be a few minutes walk away or once you live out of halls. I grew up in Reading and that place is full of drugs.

ReputationRep:
    You may have trouble smoking weed in your room due to the fire alarms, other than that, nothing stopping you I don't think

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty normal at all Uni's I think, certainly is with everyone I talk to up and down the UK. You certainly won't be shunned for it and I doubt you'd find it dificult to find some fellow tokers in Freshers. I'd be careful with smoking in rooms, that can come back to bite you, as I've experienced. Normally though there'll be plenty of places close by where you can pop out for a toke. As long as you're not caught red-handed the worst that will ever happen is a warning.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.