Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I am Afraaz from India. I am considering to do my bachelors in a good university in London. I have applied via UCAS, and have received offers from Brunel and Queen Mary so far. Now I am in a fix as to which univ to choose. Even after extensive research on the internet, I am unable to arrive at a conclusion. Can somebody please help and suggest a good univ, with good reasons if possible. I have applied for Mechanical Engineering with Industrial Experience in both. Also I want to pursue my masters in Imperial College. As I will not be taking university accommodation, traveling to Queen Mary university will take about 1.5 to 2 hours, and going to Brunel will take about an hour. So is it worth to travel about 2 hours everyday and go to Queen Mary. Keeping all this mind, can someone please help.
    Thanks a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Both Universities are offering a design based mechanical engineering degree. I have attended Queen Mary Open day in march. I was a bit disappointed to see their labs or expecting too much lol...I have made my decision from Sussex, Queen Mary and Brunel. Queen Mary, Here I come!

ReputationRep:
    Queen Mary :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Well Brunel may have a higher reputation for engineering. It is after all named after a famous engineer but apart from that I dont know too much about its engineering. Both are really good but the longer journey to Queen Mary might tire you out .

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.