Turn on thread page Beta

Parental support in student finance! HELP! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm slightly confused and a bit worried about my application for student finance as I couldn't put my parents details on it online as my mum went to do a degree about 10 years ago and my dad supported her but due to the fact it was 10 years ago and we have change a lot of details such as email and phone number since then they had no details and they couldn't make a new account in order to support me.

We rang up the student student finance and was asked to fill in a form by hand and then post it to them and they would fill it in online for us. However this was about 3 weeks ago and nothing has been filled in online and they haven't contacted us to say that they have received it or if there was any problems with the form.

I don't know if I should just wait and see what happens but then the deadline is pretty close or if I should ring back up? I don't want to seem like I'm pestering them as they obviously have a lot of people to go through but it just seems to be taking forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren_denman)
    Hi I'm slightly confused and a bit worried about my application for student finance as I couldn't put my parents details on it online as my mum went to do a degree about 10 years ago and my dad supported her but due to the fact it was 10 years ago and we have change a lot of details such as email and phone number since then they had no details and they couldn't make a new account in order to support me.

We rang up the student student finance and was asked to fill in a form by hand and then post it to them and they would fill it in online for us. However this was about 3 weeks ago and nothing has been filled in online and they haven't contacted us to say that they have received it or if there was any problems with the form.

I don't know if I should just wait and see what happens but then the deadline is pretty close or if I should ring back up? I don't want to seem like I'm pestering them as they obviously have a lot of people to go through but it just seems to be taking forever.
    If you sent it by post, and submitted their evidence as well it'll get done quicker.

It will still take a while though as it's taking them a good couple of weeks to get all the evidence people are sending in, online. They are super busy so you just have to be patient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knalchemist)
    If you sent it by post, and submitted their evidence as well it'll get done quicker.

It will still take a while though as it's taking them a good couple of weeks to get all the evidence people are sending in, online. They are super busy so you just have to be patient.

Yeah I'm hoping it should be fine and it is just taking a while for them to get through everyone, just a bit worried that they haven't received it or something is wrong with it. I also haven't sent evidence with my parents application as they said to do that later after its been put on my online application.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.