Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

I have graphics coursework that is due tomorrow, as i have put it off so much i know I have got a U (fail) and i wont be able to take my exam. This means that i have failed one of my GCSE's. I am quite sure that i will be able to pass the rest and to get into college i only need 4 GCSEs to do what i need to do. Is this a big problem? I realise that it will be a big dent in my paper of actual grades, but should it matter?

ReputationRep:
    If Graphics is anything like Electronics (Easier perhaps?) it should be easy to pass. You shouldn't leave DT coursework until the last minute tho .

I stayed behind for weeks on end in Electronics, now I'm just finishing off my folderwork and I know it is possible to do it in maybe 5 hours if I put my head down a bit .

BTW is tomorrow a school deadline or a exam board deadline? Our deadline is April 2nd :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. At the end of the day its technology. Unless you want to do something technology/graphics based. You could try and ask your school if you can drop the subject or not be entered for the exam. In the meanwhile, I would just try and make the best of a bad situation. Look at the mark scheme for your technology course from the exam board's website. Then, try and do a couple of pages that do exactly what it asks. The best thing to do would be to concentrate on the actual pratical, if you can however. It is 60% of your final grade I think.

Its impossible for you to get great marks with so little time left. However, you could always try asking for an extension.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Electronics

Practical : 40%

Exam : 40%

Folder : 20%

Not sure if it applies to all the D&T subjects.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the deadline is the actual deadline for the exam boards. My school try and make you hand it in a few weeks before because they know that most people won't. Try and do some tonight and ask your tech teacher if you can have an extention if you really want to.

I don't think that dropping one GCSE will really make much difference. I've dropped one, mainly for the reason that my coursework went missing and i didn't want to waste my time doing it again when i could be doing other subjects. I'm still doing 9 GCSE's tho.

If you're sure you're gonna pass your other exams and you're really certain that you want to drop tech then talk to your subject teacher about it.

ReputationRep:
    i got 92/100 in total for my graphics gcse!wow!! feel ya shoulda started to work bit earlier it is perhaps the most montonous subject alive!!! just do a bit from each section, at least that way u will get entered for the exam and may be able to pick up marks that way!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.