Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A girl on twitter I've never met but made friends with because of our music taste really surprised me last night with her tweets.
    "If Muslims want to live in our country (Britain) they should follow our laws." "****ing Muslim *******s" "go back to Muslim country"
    I was gobsmacked! This is because some wear a burka, it's part of their culture. There are many religions in every country. There's no such thing as a "Muslim country". What makes her think she owns the uk, because she's White and not a Muslim?!
    She believes that wearing a burka allows you to not get caught breaking the law... Yeh cause everyone in burkas totally robs banks and no one who doesn't wear one has ever gotten away with a crime.....
    She said I "don't understand the situation" as I'm "not British" which is funny cause she actually didn't even know Scotland is part if the uk.... Haha. And then she called ME ignorant!
    People need to treat others as equals and not discriminate because they're not identical to you. Claiming a piece of land as yours when many have lived there longer than you is ridiculous. It's not ok to say things like this, even over the Internet. @RoseParlo, Your 'opinion' is old fashioned, offensive, disgusting and unjustifiable. Wake up and realise there are other people in this world that aren't like you, and thank goodness for that.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatPurchase)
    A girl on twitter I've never met but made friends with because of our music taste really surprised me last night with her tweets.
    "If Muslims want to live in our country (Britain) they should follow our laws." "****ing Muslim *******s" "go back to Muslim country"
    I was gobsmacked! This is because some wear a burka, it's part of their culture. There are many religions in every country. There's no such thing as a "Muslim country". What makes her think she owns the uk, because she's White and not a Muslim?!
    She believes that wearing a burka allows you to not get caught breaking the law... Yeh cause everyone in burkas totally robs banks and no one who doesn't wear one has ever gotten away with a crime.....
    She said I "don't understand the situation" as I'm "not British" which is funny cause she actually didn't even know Scotland is part if the uk.... Haha. And then she called ME ignorant!
    People need to treat others as equals and not discriminate because they're not identical to you. Claiming a piece of land as yours when many have lived there longer than you is ridiculous. It's not ok to say things like this, even over the Internet. @RoseParlo, Your 'opinion' is old fashioned, offensive, disgusting and unjustifiable. Wake up and realise there are other people in this world that aren't like you, and thank goodness for that.

There's your answer.

ReputationRep:
    These are the people you don't take serious, because with opinions like that, they're not going to get far.

ReputationRep:
    You know tsr has a lot of islamaphobic people, so wouldn't really be the best place to gain sympathy

But yes racists are disgusting and don't make friends with random people on twitter.

ReputationRep:
    Them ninjas haha. I reckon your friend should wear a burka in shame. She didn't know that Scotland was part of the UK? That's bad...

ReputationRep:
    it's not even islamophobic it's just damn right ignorance

ReputationRep:
    Multiculturalism has failed, and the Islamic religion is completely incompatible with British values and the Western way of life (I suppose these attributes are deemed not to exist :rolleyes:). Society is considerably more divided and ghettoized as a result. The two cultures do not mix, so it is hardly surprising that native Britons may not feel enriched by this particular group and don't want Muslims here, never have done, and by now are thoroughly resentful of the fact that the ruling elite have imposed mass numbers of cultural aliens upon this nation against the will of its people.

ReputationRep:

So what. It's just a bunch of people saying crap on Twitter. It's not limited to just Muslims either. I see comments reflecting Whites, Blacks, Gays, Jews, Women, Men etc.

Also 'claiming land' isn't stupid. All peoples on earth have a right to equality to their own land, and that you respect that right. You can't turn up and start claiming that Italy doesn't belong to the Italians. Why would that bother you anyway? I only think that racists would have problems with that. I'm sure you don't have a problem with Nigerians claiming Nigeria belongs to Black people. And so what, it does. Mankind isn't going to change to fathem your ignorance. The World is a big place and everybody is entitled to their own territory. Peoples Having their own country is a basic requirement. It's part of survival and essential if they're going to exist freely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slickrick666999)
    So what. It's just a bunch of people saying crap on Twitter. It's not limited to just Muslims either. I see comments reflecting Whites, Blacks, Gays, Jews, Women, Men etc.

Also 'claiming land' isn't stupid. All peoples on earth have a right to equality to their own land, and that you respect that right. You can't turn up and start claiming that Italy doesn't belong to the Italians. Why would that bother you anyway? I only think that racists would have problems with that. I'm sure you don't have a problem with Nigerians claiming Nigeria belongs to Black people. And so what, it does. Mankind isn't going to change to fathem your ignorance. The World is a big place and everybody is entitled to their own territory. Peoples Having their own country is a basic requirement. It's part of survival and essential if they're going to exist freely.
    Like i said there's more than 1 religion per country. Muslim isn't a race, they're not a group of people from 1 country who came here to change our culture. It's a religion. We have MANY religions in the uk, and i'm angry she thinks she can discriminate against them because of 1 small part of their culture- the burka. She doesn't want them to wear them because she doesn't wear one. She can't accept that not everyone is identical, and the world is shared with all these different cultured people.

ReputationRep:
    Like i said there's more than 1 religion per country. Muslim isn't a race, they're not a group of people from 1 country who came here to change our culture. It's a religion. We have MANY religions in the uk, and i'm angry she thinks she can discriminate against them because of 1 small part of their culture- the burka. She doesn't want them to wear them because she doesn't wear one. She can't accept that not everyone is identical, and the world is shared with all these different cultured people.
    We share a planet. The Burka is alien to the UK which is why people don't like it. Muslims in their own country wont allow us as much freedom over there which is why people take issue with it. Why should we allow eerybody to do over here when we dnt/wouldn't recieve the same back?

ReputationRep:
    We share a planet. The Burka is alien to the UK which is why people don't like it. Muslims in their own country wont allow us as much freedom over there which is why people take issue with it. Why should we allow eerybody to do over here when we dnt/wouldn't recieve the same back?
    Surely the gesture of leading by example is worth something in the way of progress.

ReputationRep:
    THERE IS NO 'MUSLIM COUNTRY'!! THAT'S THE POINT!
    if you mean countries like pakistan, my friend has been there in clothes she would wear here in the uk, and no one gave her a 2nd glance in her jeans and tshirt. muslims don't care what non-muslim people wear.

ReputationRep:
    That's a load of crap. Multiculturalism fails when different cultures clash disastrously to the extent of total social exclusion. We see whites, blacks etc living sided by side, where's the failure in that? People use multiculturalism as an excuse to shadow all of the other problems in our society.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Britain is a tolerant, democratic country. Most of these Islamic countries live under Sharia Law, therefore democracy is limited. Our morality allows society to thrive, if we lived under a non-democratic state, socially, we would not develop. You're blinded by you're own ignorance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Muslims aren't a race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaylorGang_4)
    Britain is a tolerant, democratic country. Most of these Islamic countries live under Sharia Law, therefore democracy is limited. Our morality allows society to thrive, if we lived under a non-democratic state, socially, we would not develop. You're blinded by you're own ignorance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tolerant isn't a word I'd use depending on the area of Britain you're talking about.....

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, what are you saying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishraq Tarafdar)
    Them ninjas haha. I reckon your friend should wear a burka in shame. She didn't know that Scotland was part of the UK? That's bad...

what's ninjas got to do with it? random?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    Muslims aren't a race.
    You're right. However most of these ignorant so called 'racists', portray Muslims as being from an Asian country. They don't understand that like any other religion, there can be people of different races.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Maybe muslims should mix more with the indigenous population and not seem as segregated, that would help cohesion. I had 2 muslim friends, one male and one female, none of them ever invited me to their houses to socialize like so-called mates do to hang out as it were, even though we didn't live that far away from each other, It made me think they were exclusionist or their parents were.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.