Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My final exams start on the 22nd April and I'm incredibly stressed. I wake up every morning feeling nauseous and can hardly eat anything, then spend the rest of the day feeling sick. My appetite has gone completely and I feel weak and tired all the time. I've already lost weight and my exams haven't even begun. I always get stressed during exams, but I've never felt like this before. I start crying throughout the day for the smallest things.

My revision isn't going well at all, I find myself only going through half of what I wanted to cover on many days and I'm running out of time. These exams count for about 30% of my final grade, so they're really important.

I don't know why I'm doing this to myself, I know I would do better if I weren't so stressed, but that just makes me feel worse. I don't know what to do, I feel like I'm going to completely mess up my exams. I really wanted to get a first class grade overall, but that is next to impossible now. I don't even know why I'm writing this. I don't think anything can really help me.

Does anyon have any advice? I'm really hating myself right now.

ReputationRep:
    I know it feels impossible, but try not to let the stress take over completely. Chances are you're going to do really well in your exams and if you want the best grades then you're going to work hard for it! Any revision is better than no revision and whatever revision you are doing will be having some benefit even if you don't feel like it is! You can only do your best!

(Original post by A future Midwife)
    I know it feels impossible, but try not to let the stress take over completely. Chances are you're going to do really well in your exams and if you want the best grades then you're going to work hard for it! Any revision is better than no revision and whatever revision you are doing will be having some benefit even if you don't feel like it is! You can only do your best!
    Thank you, your post genuinely helped me to calm down a bit. I go through phases where everything seems hopeless and failure feels inevitable, but then I get phases where it feels like I can cope and it will be ok. Just wish I could eat without feeling sick.

ReputationRep:
    really, it is normal that you feel nervous. still, why dont you take up jogging? it will relax and make you feel SO much better. really... it made sound as a cliche, but anytime i feel stressed/depressed/sad I go for a jog and come back feeling completely different.

just give it a try

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think when you wake up you should just do the simple relaxation yoga. Cross your legs, sit on the floor up against the wall and just breath in and out with your eyes closed for 5 minutes. Focus on your breathing and let all the stressful thoughts wander out of your head. If you start thinking about exams whilst relaxing then don't get angry just slowly bring yourself back to focus on the feeling and gentle sound of breathing through your nose and out your mouth.

Posted from TSR iPad

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.