Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I interviewed for two internships this week, one Tuesday and one Wednesday. They were both positions I was interested in, although I was slightly most interested in the one I viewed yesterday (as it's two days per week, which was more what I was looking for than the other one which was 4 days per week).

I got a response today, as she said I would get, that I was accepted as an intern. But the other gallery will not give their response until tomorrow.

In a situation like this, what do you do? I do feel like I need to respond but I want to see if I get the other one, but how to communicate this without it sounding like "you're my back up"?

ReputationRep:
    If you're hearing back from the other place tomorrow I don't see the problem. You don't need to reply to the first place immediately and I'm sure they would rather you thought your answer through, especially if it's only one day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmarilynx)
    If you're hearing back from the other place tomorrow I don't see the problem. You don't need to reply to the first place immediately and I'm sure they would rather you thought your answer through, especially if it's only one day!
    I got an email from the second gallery today. She said it was a pleasure meeting me and asks if I can come and talk to her again Tuesday morning. It is a bit annoying, because I can't wait too long before giving a reply to the first gallery. Should I tell her the situation and ask if it can be done sooner, like Monday?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.