The Student Room Group

Pass plus

Scroll to see replies

Better driving standards, more confidence, ability to make progress effectively and safely, a new social circle.
That sums up my experience of the IAM anyway.
Reply 21
Original post by Lukev
Better driving standards, more confidence, ability to make progress effectively and safely, a new social circle.
That sums up my experience of the IAM anyway.

Thanks for the info :smile:
I do think to a certain extent you just need to get out there and do it on your own until you get used to it, it's really scary but it will get easier. IMHO pass plus is a bit of a waste of money if you're already insured on a car and have someone capable of helping you out, can't your dad take you out for a bit and make you feel more at ease?
I think when I pass I might do pass plus, just to do some motorway driving. Where I live there are just dual carriageways so if like to get some experience of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by deedee123
I do think to a certain extent you just need to get out there and do it on your own until you get used to it, it's really scary but it will get easier. IMHO pass plus is a bit of a waste of money if you're already insured on a car and have someone capable of helping you out, can't your dad take you out for a bit and make you feel more at ease?

Thanks for your reply :smile: yes my dad has been taking me out to build my confidence up but my already damaged confidence has been even worse since Thursday when I clipped my wing mirror. I was physically shaking when i got in the car today :s-smilie:
Original post by SpottedZebra
Thanks for your reply :smile: yes my dad has been taking me out to build my confidence up but my already damaged confidence has been even worse since Thursday when I clipped my wing mirror. I was physically shaking when i got in the car today :s-smilie:

unfortunately accidents happen when you're driving, it probably won't be your last accident. You've just got to pick yourself up, learn from it and try and move on. Don't dwell on it.
Reply 26
Original post by SpottedZebra
Thank you - if you are a member what benefits does it get you?

Cheaper insurance if you are over age 19 with IAM surety but the main thing is that you know when you pass the test you are a safer driver with the right thinking processes

Passing the AD test is a very good confidence builder

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending