AS Edexcel History: Russia in Revolution and Stalin's Russia Watch

Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Y0NCE)
edexcel
Sound. Anyone else think culture will come up for the D4 question?
Y0NCE
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kennedy7697)
Sound. Anyone else think culture will come up for the D4 question?
culture? what do you mean?
whydoieventry
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Good luck everyone - hope the questions are good!
Kittyfloss
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How did everyone find it?
Jemy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kittyfloss)
How did everyone find it?
Surprisingly easy, I guess we can't say much more until midnight... so annoying..
samuelsparks
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What were peoples factors for question Q7 for Russia, Stalin and his opponents etc etc?
amynaraine
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why not until midnight?
jwf13
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Because edexcel exams are taken all over the world, and so some people may not have taken the exam yet, and they might have an advantage if we tell them all the exam questions. There are forum rules that say for afternoon edexcel exams you can't talk about them until 4.30am the next day (although AQA, OCR and CCEA exams can be talked about as soon as they're done)
bbbtsr
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SilverOcean)
How did your exam go?? there were alot of people who made the mistake for the first question in Stalin, thinking it was about the struggle for power when it was the terror stuff... :/
If you used an argument about him being General Secretary would you still be credited? Because he was General Secretary until like the 40's?
SilverOcean
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by bbbtsr)
If you used an argument about him being General Secretary would you still be credited? Because he was General Secretary until like the 40's?
Depends what you said to back it up, simply saying he was the general sec wont do you much. You would have needed to said why it meant that his opponents were unable to launch a successful launch against him.
Mel1312
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SilverOcean)
I dont use factors :/ I know its bad, but it just slows me down, but wrote about the Moscow trials, Yezhovchina, the social realism, and the cult of personality, you could have also talked about The great retreat and the the industrial policies,

what did you do??
It's not time yet, you are potentially posting up key factors on a universal paper.
SilverOcean
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mel1312)
It's not time yet, you are potentially posting up key factors on a universal paper.
delete the quoted message. I've done it ^-^
Kittyfloss
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How did everyone find it? What questions did you do?
Kittyfloss
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jemy)
Surprisingly easy, I guess we can't say much more until midnight... so annoying..
We can now!
I died when I saw the questions but once I got planning i realised what they were about :')
Jemy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kittyfloss)
We can now!
I died when I saw the questions but once I got planning i realised what they were about :')
What played in my favour was the fact that I did question 8 just a few days before the exam, just with another main point in regards to what contributed to soviet victory, only had to replace one paragraph and done similar answer.

As long as I didn't mess anything up while writing all of mine hopefully are at least high level 4's.

God exams ain't even over yet and I am already going crazy waiting for the results...
bbbtsr
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey guys, I messed up the question on Stalin's opponents - sound like a few of us did - I wrote about him being General Secretary (which he was up until the 40's... would i be credited for this) I also wrote about his politics and how that gave him support and the Purges/Show Trials... do you think i'll get some marks at least?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.06%
No (322)
75.94%

Watched Threads