Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you do in the following situation?

You have been seeing your boyfriend (or girlfriend - switch genders as appropiate to your orientation) for 1-2 months, and you know that he is still good friends with his ex. You also know that his ex still really, really likes him, and depends quite a lot on him as they had been together for an extended period of time.

Anyway, you ask him if you can stay over at his place that night, and he says sure, and then points out that his ex has asked the same thing, but that he is sure something can be worked out.

At his place, when it is time to go to bed, his ex drags out a sleeping bag and says "here you go", and then she and your boyfriend proceed into the bedroom together, and you are quite sure that you hear them get together.

A very short while afterwards, he comes out and goes to the bathroom. You are upset and you make that known to him. As an excuse to not upset you further (or his ex), without saying a word he leaves the house and spends the night at a friend's house and returns the following morning, leaving you and the ex alone during the night.

What do you do?
    What do you do when he comes back?

ReputationRep:
    Er... kick him in the nuts and dump him? OBVIOUSLY

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

Pushing him down the stairs would be an acceptable retaliation.

ReputationRep:
    lol dump ASAP

ReputationRep:
    Lock his ex in the attic/basement, then when he gets back barbeque his "thing" while it's still on him, then cut it off, leaving him to bleed to death, and give it to the b*tch in the basement like "do you want it now?"
    Lol only joking! For real though, I don't care how much you love him or whatever, you need to dump this guy now!

ReputationRep:
    Omg, so disrespectful! Leave him now (or you know BBQ his genitals), sorry Hun, I hope you get over him soon x

ReputationRep:
    All seems above board to me. I kind of feel doubtful this happened.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao wow, if this really happened I can't believe you are considering staying with him.

Just wanting to clarify that:

1) This is a true story
    2) Of course he was dumped (I think it is quite obvious) - I was really asking, what would you do, as in, how would you dump him?

Would you leave that night?
    Would you yell at him?
    Would you give his ex any ****?
    Would you ever speak to him again?
    Would you keep quiet about it, or tell everyone?

etc - basically, "dumping" is a very general statement, how do you dump this guy (or girl!)?

Just to finish off, later discovered that the ex lived there, and am now doubting if they were exes at all at the time.

ReputationRep:
    Man I would ***** slap that ***** and belt her ex.

Better recognise.

That could never happen to me anyway. Get some self-respect OP.

(Original post by Yawn11)
    Man I would ***** slap that ***** and belt her ex.

Better recognise.

That could never happen to me anyway. Get some self-respect OP.
    I do have self-respect! And got rid of him!
    Was completely unaware about the 'situation' until that happened - it wasn't as if I was ignoring signs or anything, which is why I thought I would ask. It seems too unbelievable to be true - but it happened.

ReputationRep:
    It worries me when people have to ask what to do in this situation. Isn't it painfully obvious?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.