Visitor messages - really not possible to block individuals? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I quite like Visitor Messages and it's fun having a wall, but I've been subjected to one idiot user who was daily bombarding mine with stupid pictures. :mad:

I complained to Mods and was informed the only way to prevent this was to make it Friends-only from the Privacy Settings, which I've now had to do, which is a shame, as it can be very useful.

Is it really not possible to program a feature that allows you to selectively block individuals from posting visitor messages?? It would be so useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    The feature already exists: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/pro...?do=ignorelist

I just tested it and it also operates in blocking ignored users from posting on your wall. If you set your privacy settings to 'registered members' and block the user, it will stop them posting and viewing your wall. If you set them to 'everyone', and block, it will stop them posting only (they can still view your wall).
    Oooo. Thanks! Does using ignore this way also mean that you can't see posts by the blocked person in forum threads?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Oooo. Thanks! Does using ignore this way also mean that you can't see posts by the blocked person in forum threads?
    Wow

Apparently so

I just "ignored" you and I could see that you had made posts but not what the posts were

I had to un"ignore" to reply

I was unaware of this feature

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    Wow

Apparently so

I just "ignored" you and I could see that you had made posts but not what the posts were

I had to un"ignore" to reply

I was unaware of this feature
    Yes, it's annoying, I want to be able to selectively ignore people off my wall whilst still being able to see their posts in threads.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, are you being sarcastic? I am fairly new to TSR, so not clear about the precise ways all the features interact as yet.

If you're not being sarcie, yes, it's annoying, I want to be able to selectively ignore people off my wall whilst still being able to see their posts in threads.
    Being sarcastic in what way?

What an odd question!

ReputationRep:

What an odd question!
    Oh, don't mind me, I'm just over sensitive at the moment, so much sniping and nonsense sometimes on TSR. I take that comment back.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's annoying, I want to be able to selectively ignore people off my wall whilst still being able to see their posts in threads.

What an odd question!

:rofl2: - i love it when people misunderstand eachother

ReputationRep:
    Oh, don't mind me, I'm just over sensitive at the moment, so much sniping and nonsense sometimes on TSR. I take that comment back.
    fair enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spontogical)
    :rofl2: - i love it when people misunderstand eachother
    What did you say about my family?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    What did you say about my family?
    That they are the smelliest trolls in existence.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.