Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so i've applied to live on campus with student finance because I want to experience the uni life and just get away from home for a bit. but sometimes the uni campus is oversubscribed and if this is the case this year they'll give accommodation to students based of distance so whoever Is closest may not get a place on campus.

student finance have given me an offer on that basis, but if i dont get a place on campus i want to live at home - so my question is what do i do incase i don't get given a place on campus?

thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voltozonic)
    So the Student Finance company will give you allowances based on living away at University.

If you've been given the details of these allowances and are simply waiting to hear about whether or not you'll be able to move out then you don't need to do anything for the time being because you don't know whats happening yourself.

However, if you do eventually find out that you didn't get a place and you'll be living at home, you'll need to give the student finance company a call straight away because they will need to revise your entitlement.

If you don't and they find out later in the year that you've been overpaid, they'll be in contact to get the money back off you.
    cheers that was helpful

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.